PDA

View Full Version : Rose BTA split

ReefRacer
02/27/2006, 10:04 AM
My RBTA split Friday. I noticed it had moved into the rockwork which was concerning, and then Saturday I thought I saw 2 feet, one on each side of a rock but wasn't sure. This morning one half had crawled out and the clownfish was in it. I bet the fish was freaked out - the anenome looked pretty ragged and torn up. The only thing I cant figure out is how Nemo decided which half he wanted to claim.
Is there anything I need to do at this point for the anenomes?
I attribute the splitting to the fact that I finally figured out what the thing likes to eat and then did consecutive weekly water changes.
Mike

gflat65
02/27/2006, 03:20 PM
I'd run some carbon to remove some of the nasties. Aside from that, it is a waiting game for the two halves to reform their mouths and start acting like normal again. Don't be surprised if one of them goes for a walk. When mine split, one half inevitably went walking, though typically not too far.

bergmmi
03/16/2006, 09:15 AM
Proud Papa

ReefRacer
03/17/2006, 08:07 AM
It's splitting again.

philagothos
03/17/2006, 08:15 AM
Two splits in less than 3 weeks?! Is that normal? I thought they only split that often if they were stressed. Then again, I don't know much yet. I'm still very much in the learning phase.

-Kevin

philagothos
03/17/2006, 08:16 AM
Oops, double post.

-Kevin

ReefRacer
03/20/2006, 11:41 AM
I was pretty amazed myself. I waited until it looked like it had a stomach formed and then fed it. It split the next day. I don't know if it stressed or not. Fish and coral seem happy. It tends to hide from the HQI 250's.
Mike