PDA

View Full Version : good pumps for return

mr pink floyd
02/27/2006, 09:00 PM
im going to buy a pump for my sump return, it will need to be im guessing about 600 or more GPH whats a good pump, and a reasonable price (submersilbe)

drewdegenhardt
02/27/2006, 09:07 PM
Reasonable is a relative term...in general you get what you pay for in life. I am a fan of Eheim Hobby pumps...I think the 1260 is rated right around 600gph. People say that eheim underrates them and that they are actually more powerful. You can dial them back cause the centrifugal design.

scar79
02/27/2006, 09:33 PM
You can't beat the MAGs in terms of price and reliability.

mr pink floyd
02/27/2006, 10:09 PM
i was thkng about a mag 7, dos that mean a mag 700? thats all icould find, these mags confuse me!

TTLamb
02/28/2006, 08:44 PM
thats what i have it runs great for me i get it if i were you or get a bigger one, everthing in my tank grows great the xenia is growing like a weed

kroe
02/28/2006, 11:13 PM
I have used several submersible return pumps around that size, here is my feedback:

mag 5 or 7 (they are the same except the impeller, I have owned both) - Very reliable, 1/2 inlet and outlet sucks, somewhat quiet.

quiet one 3000 - Reliable, significantly quieter than the mag drives, uses less electricity for the flow, 1" inlet and outlet. I like it better than the mags.

rio hyperflow - I have used this for three months. Rio has a bad rap because of their old oil filled pumps, but I am impressed with the new hyperflows. It uses less electricity than any of the above pumps, is quieter than any of them, is very inexpensive, and is smaller.

I vote for rio hyperflow, though I am sure many would disagree (though I bet most who disagree have never used one).

mr pink floyd
03/01/2006, 03:08 PM
i might use the hyperflow or the quiet one, my rents dont want alot ofelectricity, or i woulda bout a few MH by now from ppl, so im savin for T5 same elec as my PC, so im lookin at the hyperflow now