PDA

View Full Version : Countrywide Glass & Mirror

auntbeast
02/28/2006, 12:32 PM
After calling at least 40 glass shops in the Tampa Bay area, and all telling me that they could not drill a tank, I found a post on here and Countrywide Glass and Mirror was mentioned. I called them yesterday afternoon, dropped off my tank at 8 am and the tank was drilled with 3 holes by 11 am. They were very helpful, nice and mostly, ABLE TO DRILL A TANK!

I originally was going to have 2 holes drilled and then opted for 3 for the return, they worked with me on the placement of the holes and did a fabulous job.

Oh, they charge $15 a hole.

No one is as excited as I am about finally having a drilled tank (laminate floors make it a necessity) but finally finding them and them being so nice and quick was like finding a pot of gold.

Please send some business their way if you can. Nice, independent, competent companies are worth supporting.

Thanks Mike! It's holding water as we speak!

Auntbeast

oceana
02/28/2006, 12:53 PM
i also like that shop but you must have been asking the wrong questions. there are tons of them around the tampa bay area that will do it. most are only 10.00 per hole. its good to find one that does it alot because most even though they will do it, do it at YOUR own risk.

thanks for the info

auntbeast
02/28/2006, 03:37 PM
I was very clear. I told them I had a 90 gallon fish tank that I needed 2- 1 3/4" holes drilled in the back glass and that I had contacted the manufacturer and was 100% certain that it was not tempered glass. I stated that I expected them to accept no liability and that I had alternate plans to replace the tank if it broke, and it was a risk that I was willing to take.

I did get a quote from Borter glass that would charge me $150 for two holes.

If you know of anyone that does it, please feel free to let me know, I will gladly contact the owners and let them know that their employees lack of knowledge cost them business.

I have a rare 6 days off in a row and am spending it getting my tank "right." Thanks to Countrywide Glass and Mirror, I am 15 steps closer to my goal.

What counts alot with me, is when you are calling for services and someone gives a crap enough to pay attention and help. Your response only irritates me more knowing that I spent 2 hours on the phone talking to people who did not want to do their job. I am a customer that needed service for glass, I called glass companies.

Any irritation you sense is not directed at you, but at finding out there are "tons" that will do them. I couldn't even find an aquarium shop that would point me in the right direction, not even my LFS of choice, Marine Warehouse Aquarium.

Surferlopez
02/28/2006, 03:43 PM
auntbeast, just to correct you though- I think it is Countryside Glass and Mirror, I think thats what they are called, they are on sr580

wsurf4me
02/28/2006, 07:48 PM
City Glass in St. Pete drilled my 58 gallon five years ago for $10 a hole.

auntbeast
02/28/2006, 07:56 PM
Thank you Surferlopez, it is Countryside. Countrywide owns my house, Countryside Glass, my heart.

I'm in Tampa, so I confuse the two alot. ;)