PDA

View Full Version : looking for: neon green toadstool?

Kinetic
02/28/2006, 05:02 PM
I'm really interested in keeping a neon green toadstool for my tank. I saw one at the LFS and was amazed!

Here's one at marinedepotlive: http://www.marinedepotlive.com/extrnetofr.html

I was thinking of getting it, though was wondering if anyone local had one for sale / trade.

Sparkss
02/28/2006, 05:28 PM
Atlantis has them the last I looked. There were also a few at the swap recently.

radiolunatic
02/28/2006, 05:30 PM
http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/frags1.html

Elite
02/28/2006, 06:10 PM
If you are willing to pay that price... I'm willing to frag mine :D ..

Kinetic
02/28/2006, 06:12 PM
i think theirs is an entire toadstool, not just a frag. and no, I wouldn't pay that.

I saw some at the frag swap, I think reefboy (art) brought it. But didn't get to pick one out.

maybe i'll see if anyone else wants to do a marinedepotlive order and split the shipping with them.

Elite
02/28/2006, 06:17 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6850636#post6850636 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by koden
i think theirs is an entire toadstool, not just a frag. and no, I wouldn't pay that.

I saw some at the frag swap, I think reefboy (art) brought it. But didn't get to pick one out.

maybe i'll see if anyone else wants to do a marinedepotlive order and split the shipping with them.

Atlantis?? I don't think so.. It say 1/2" for $80 ... The one on Marinedepot is about 1/2" .....

Crazyreefer just picked up a colony. Just ask him to see if he wanna sell you a frag...

Mr. Ugly
02/28/2006, 06:28 PM
Koden,

I have both Tyree and non-Tyree neon green toadstool. If you're not in a rush, I'll put some into the BAR "pay-it-forward-propagation-registry" project when mine are ready to frag.

If you could go for regular toadstool with nice yellow green polyps, I have one that you can have. My toadstools picked up some really nice color after I started using Phytofeast.

Kinetic
02/28/2006, 06:30 PM
Yes I have a small yellow one too, but it looks more white than yellow.

what's the pay it forward project?

Vincerama2
02/28/2006, 06:51 PM
http://www.bareefers.org/bar/viewforum.php?f=17&sid=c15d5870e36646c113718c5a178a73df

Read the "Welcome" message.

Basically, we're trying to pass along FREE frags to other reefers, with the condition that when it is healthy, you then give at least one (or two, or three, depends on original donater) frags to someone else, with the same conditions. We're trying to keep threads on each "line" of frags to see how well the frags share out. Once you've "paid it forward", you can do whatever you like with the frag that you have been given.

It's just a fun project to see if we can get some nice frags circulating amongst us.

I'll be giving out a frag or two of some neon green nepthea I got at a past frag trade, which is really nice. I want to frag and mount the pieces before handing them over, to make sure they are ready for sharing.

V

brianbigoats
02/28/2006, 07:41 PM
Koden
check this one out
http://www.diamondsinthereef.com
Clint is in Napa I have see this toadstool it is incredible

reefboy1
02/28/2006, 08:13 PM
Hi Art,

I do have a few frags of the Neon Sarcto that are ready. Let me know if you're interested in a trade.

Art

Apon
02/28/2006, 09:03 PM
Norm, The non-Tyree neon green toadstool you got from me right? I cut 2 more frags and I am waiting for them to grow out more. Do you see a big difference in them?

jimsar
03/01/2006, 01:10 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6850756#post6850756 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mr. Ugly
My toadstools picked up some really nice color after I started using Phytofeast.

The toadstool from the 1st workshop loves to pick up green tint from phytofeast. Also, I like it's extra long polyps, 3/4" at least. I brought a nice sized frag to the swap.

Mr. Ugly
03/01/2006, 10:29 AM
Arnold,

Yep, that one was from you. The green is a little lighter on yours. The Tyree has a lighter colored head beneath the polyps.

The toadstools I got from Johara last year are another shade lighter green than yours, after the Phytofeast.

I have another toadstool that's kind of interesting. White body and white polyps. Slow grower.

MorandiWine
03/01/2006, 11:03 AM
I have 10 growing out as we speak, should be ready in four weeks after they have healed up and started to produce a stalk.

tyler

pepe.king.prawn
03/01/2006, 11:03 AM
brianbigoats: I'm pretty sure the green polyp sarco that Clint Conway has is the Tyree LE.

Sparkss
03/01/2006, 11:20 AM
I had a similar one to yours Mr. Ugly, but it died mysteriously a couple of months ago (which is quite rare for a toadstool to do, in my experience). It was over a year old (at least in our tank).

Mr. Ugly
03/01/2006, 12:07 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6850766#post6850766 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by koden
what's the pay it forward project? Koden,

OT, but any chance that you could help with this?
http://www.bareefers.org/bar/viewtopic.php?p=7501&highlight=#7501

Kinetic
03/01/2006, 12:17 PM
Ah, that actually sounds really cool. I do know a bit of .NET C#, though have yet to do a big project with it. I would easily be able to thoroughly learn it, though I won't have time until after June 12th. It is a great idea. I can start looking into some other things we could do in terms of lineage or where it came from. I've done plenty of mapping projects, tracing, etc. It would be fun to do, but I won't have time till June.

In the meantime we could brainstorm about it.

To those with or almost with frags of the neon toadstool, I don't have anything to trade atm, everything I have is still frag sized. If you're willing to sell, I would definately like to do that, though I know most of you guys like to trade for cool stuff. If not I can wait a month or two for some of my stuff to grow out =)

Let me know! THanks!!

merlock116
03/02/2006, 03:09 AM
i'm sure you can get it from a fellow reefer if you're patient. it's not as rare anymore and a lot of people are growing them out.

otherwise if you want it now you can always pay the price at atlantis.

crazzyreefer
03/02/2006, 01:02 PM
koden let mine heal up and ill give you a piece in a month or two

jimsar
03/02/2006, 01:12 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6864556#post6864556 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crazzyreefer
koden let mine heal up and ill give you a piece in a month or two

crazzyreefer, pls save a small piece for me, too, if at all possible. Thanks.

Kinetic
03/02/2006, 01:15 PM
sounds good =) looks like I'll have time to grow out some of my frags too for this.