PDA

View Full Version : moving candycane bad idea?

Beemo
02/28/2006, 05:27 PM
i had my candycane at the bottom of the tank partially covered by a rock for about 2 weeks (i only have it this long)
ill be getting a frogspawn next week so i decided to move the CC in fear it would have been attacked by the frogspawn.
to my surprise when i took it out from under the rock area it formed a beautiful ball! it didnt look like this before lol, so now im wondering, it did so well in the shade so by me moving it to the top half of the tank will it now bleach out and die by the shock of light? its in a 10g with 2x40 pc lighting, i turned off the daylight bulb and i just have it under actinics now since its more of a subdued light.
did i do a boo boo? heres a pic i just took in its new location
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/ewyourpoor/100_0822.jpg

pvtschultz
02/28/2006, 06:05 PM
You might want to find a medium level place between there and the bottom, but genearally PC light isn't going to do much harm to a coral. It is the halides that tend to burn them with UV radiation that they aren't used to.

YoungReefer
02/28/2006, 11:31 PM
I would leave it there the tips look a little enlarged meaning it's needing more light. As long as it doesn't get to small it'll be just fine.