PDA

View Full Version : Snail Questions

Sprockett
03/01/2006, 05:06 PM
I have two turbo snails as part of my cleaning crew, one we have dubbed 'Pinky' will sometimes just find a place and park for hours at a time (like 5-8 hours), none of the other snails in the tank do this (I also have some Nassarius snails as well) so I'm wondering if this is normal behavior??

The first time he did it I thought he had bought the farm so I picked him and up he slinked back into his shell, I set him back down and off he went..

We have finally dubbed our tank "Camp Bristleworm" because when we feed they come out in droves, there are at least two that over over 3" long, at first I only saw them at night but now the minute the food hits the water they start popping out everywhere :)

Thanks

bertoni
03/01/2006, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about that behavior. That sounds within the normal range to me.

a4twenty
03/01/2006, 09:34 PM
he's just sleeping, you probably don't notice the nassarius do it cause they're in the sand

Entropy
03/01/2006, 10:32 PM
Mine park for longer than that sometimes. I have had turbos sit in the same spot for a couple of days, but they always get going again eventually. Of course mine have so much algae to feed on that I think the OD and have to rest for a couple of days. :D

A nice sixline wrasse will keep the bristleworms in check if you decide you don't like them.