PDA

View Full Version : Leaky lockline

aquaphile
03/01/2006, 06:55 PM
question here, i know alot of people use the black lockline, i was changing my plumbing around a little bit for a new pump and realized that my lockline is leaking on my return, has anyone ever noticed this, i wouldnt care but it will cause an overflow if the power goes out thanks :confused:

jaugat
03/01/2006, 08:38 PM
a hole will break the siphon and actually help if you have a power outage. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are spraying water where you don't want it.

-Jon

aquaphile
03/01/2006, 08:45 PM
with the syphon broke and outlet completely out of the water it still leaks i know for sure its the lockline, after my syphon breaks its still submerged, which at that point my sump was fixing to overflow lol, the lockline i obtained was used so i was wondering if anyone has had a problem with it thanks

RamManOK
03/01/2006, 08:52 PM
damn steve :D

aquaphile
03/01/2006, 09:00 PM
no tom the lockline is about the only thing that didnt come from steve, lol you can have the old pond pump back we just got the quite one 3000 installed! :)

exoticaquatics
03/01/2006, 09:29 PM
Loc- line isnt watertight. It can leak at the joints, as you found out. That is just the way it is. It seems to leak more out of the bends then on straight runs. Does it go down in your overflow box? If so you could always run pvc up out of the water, then use loc-line.

aquaphile
03/01/2006, 09:33 PM
thats what i figured just wanted to check, pvc out of the water will work perfect, infact i kindof feel like and idiot for not thinking about that, lol thanks for the input!