PDA

View Full Version : feeling strong anyone?

pwhitby
03/01/2006, 10:26 PM
If you are....and want to show just how strong......

I have this lil biddy tank that needs to be moved on friday evening from my garage to my house.

If you are available and have an hour or so to spare, be it helping move, cheer the movers along or stand around admiring......please let me know.

Ill probably move it around 6.00pm. I think I will need about 6 people.

Thanks,

P.

sadsak
03/01/2006, 10:52 PM
It might be 6:15 or so, but you can count me & the wife in.

pwhitby
03/01/2006, 11:00 PM
Thanks Wayne/Amanda

Russ Braaten
03/01/2006, 11:28 PM
Paul,

Can the tank be lifted with the 4 glass clamps? That is if you have strong enough backs to lift them.

Russ

pwhitby
03/01/2006, 11:30 PM
nope.
its a little heavier than that and the glass clamps may scratch the acrylic surface.

The premise is to tip the tank onto its face on a piece of cut plywood. then lift that onto two furniture dollies and strap them to the tank. Move it....carefully...into the house. Then reverse the process and lift the tank onto the stand.

P.

Gwalker
03/02/2006, 12:46 AM
Well, I'll be there. Somebody has to make sure you do it right.:D

Gary

dustin Combs
03/02/2006, 07:27 AM
Well, I'll be there to lift for Gary. HE's weak!!

dustin

captbunzo
03/02/2006, 09:17 AM
He. I can't be there, do to extreme driving that would be required. But I will drink a beer and wish you well.

And Gary, do make sure they do it right. :)

pwhitby
03/02/2006, 09:54 AM
can you bring an extra furniture dolly Gary ?

Travis L. Stevens
03/02/2006, 10:15 AM
Paul, list anything that you might need that will help you. If I have something I might be able to bring it to Dustin this evening when I pick up my Berghia, and he might be able to bring it with him to help you out with moving the tank.

My apologies if I'm stepping on any toes. It's just an offer that is fine to refuse :) Truthfully, I don't know what tools might even be helpful.

Russ Braaten
03/02/2006, 10:54 AM
Travis, have you got a crane? :)

captbunzo
03/02/2006, 10:59 AM
Make your own stinking crane!

http://dev.origami.com/diagram_load.cfm?pdfname=trad_page1.pdf

:)

pwhitby
03/02/2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks T. how about a crate or two of that amber stuff you guys make?

Apart from that....I think Im covered.

eddybabyhd
03/02/2006, 05:53 PM
if work is slow i will come by Paul...

jett06
03/02/2006, 09:53 PM
i'll try to make it to paul

poke75
03/03/2006, 06:55 AM
I'll try, don't know if I can be there then, we've got a guy in that is commissioning the new Dyno cell and I don't know when he will leave this evening.

Do be careful Paul, You know how older people think they are still young and try to do more than they should!

Cheers!!!

Travis L. Stevens
03/03/2006, 09:05 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6863676#post6863676 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pwhitby
Thanks T. how about a crate or two of that amber stuff you guys make?

Apart from that....I think Im covered.

How did I miss this post?!? If anyone from the Stillwater area is going down this afternoon, I'll be home about 4:30pm tp 5pm. You can come pick some up from me. Paul, just two 12 packs? And would you like Amberbock or the new Michelob Ultra Amber?

*** ;) You should get the Ultra Amber and I can use this as a "sampling" event. I wonder if I can get any incentive rewards :lmao:

pwhitby
03/03/2006, 10:34 AM
Anyone else available this evening? (march 3rd) around 6.00

ReeferRyan
03/03/2006, 10:59 AM
I have no idea where you live, but I could probably come help.

pwhitby
03/03/2006, 11:04 AM
thats easily remedied:

5616 NW 115th St
OKC
OK

ReeferRyan
03/03/2006, 11:10 AM
You might as well have told me you lived in another country. Lol. I am from a very small town and OKC is like a whole other world to me. It took me almost two hours to find ART last weekend. :lol: Can you give me directions from I35 north? Thats the only way I can get around up there.

ReeferRyan
03/03/2006, 11:12 AM
P.S.- Travis, if you ever need a product tester, I am your guy.:beer:

dugg
03/03/2006, 12:00 PM
Ryan, save this link, it will get you anywhere you need to go.
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?bCTsettings=1

OKC is probably the easiest city in the world to get around in. It is laid out in a grid. All streets that run north and south have names, and east west streets have numbers. OKC is divided into 4 sections NW, SW, NE, and SE. North and south are divided by I-40, and east and west divided by I-35. If you learn your main north south streets starting from the west to east you will get around fine. They are Council rd. , Rockwell ave. , Macartur blvd, Meridian ave. , Portland ave. , May ave. Pennsylvania ave. , Western ave. , Walker, Santa fe ave. ,and Shields ave. That covers the main named streets from west to east for the NW and SW parts of the city. The eastern half well there really isn't that much there to find anyway lol. Up in Pauls area they had to get snooty about things and have named streets running east to west also, but only the main through streets. Paul lives off of Macarthur blvd and nw. 122nd. Actually closer to Hefner rd then 122nd, but for someone that doesn't know OKC 122nd helps you get a general idea a little better. If you learn your main streets, you will be getting around there in no time. In the mean time, do what i do here and use Mapquest directions. They will take you anywhere you want to go.

2ras
03/03/2006, 12:19 PM
I can be there before 6:00pm to help
Ray

Travis L. Stevens
03/03/2006, 12:53 PM
dugg, thank you for posting that. I always wondered how OKC was mapped. It was easy to tell that it was quartered, but non-numbered streets really threw me off. Because of this, I thought I would post how to navigate in Tulsa for those OKC folks looking to go up that direction

Navigating Tulsa
Tulsa is mapped on a single grid. I'll begin navigation exluding the downtown area, because there are no fish stores there. From north to south, streets are numbered in order. It starts with Admiral (1st st) and every mile interval is a major intersection and it counts by 10. So From Admiral going south, it goes 11th, 21st, 31st, etc. There are streets that go north from Admiral, but are named such as Pine and Apache. Not much is out that direction until you get to Owasso. Heading from west to east, it all starts on the east side of the Arkansas River. Main streets are in mile intervals and aren't that alphabetical. But the rural streets are. The major streets start at Riverside. A catchy little acronym I use (that makes no sense at all) is RPLHYSMMG or I say it as "R"i"P"p"L"e "H"Y"S" "M"u"M"my "G"ee (or "Ripple His Mummy, Gee!"). I know, it doesn't make sense, but it works. It stands for Riverside, Peoria, Lewis, Harvard, Yale, Sheridan, Memorial, Mingo, and Garnett

ReeferRyan
03/03/2006, 12:59 PM
Thank you dugg. That makes me much more comfortable driving up there trying to find something. It makes a lot more sense now. The help is greatly appreciated

pwhitby
03/03/2006, 01:05 PM
Ryan.

I live north of ART by about 1/2 mile

Paul.

Travis L. Stevens
03/03/2006, 01:13 PM
Oops..

dugg
03/03/2006, 02:43 PM
You are welcome Ryan, be glad you don't live in Lake county Florida lol. There are 330 lakes within 30 miles of my house, and the roads go every direction but straight. There are 7 lakes withing 1 mile of my front door. Almost every street and highway has 3 different names. The street i live on is called Bay Rd., Bay street, highway 19A, county rd 19, and state rd 19 north. You can pull up to an intersection here and the street name is different in each direction. Then just to make things a little better, almost everyone here is from somewhere else, and has no idea where anything is, so if you get lost, you can't even ask directions.

pwhitby
03/03/2006, 02:49 PM
Dugg....You are leaving it a little leat to be leaving if you are to be at my house for 6.00....whats the deal ?

dugg
03/03/2006, 02:58 PM
LOL, i wish i could be there. It would be much better then being here playing mister mom lol. I acquired my grandkids on feb.9th lol. Two days before my wife started full time nursing school, so i have been delegated to dirty butt duty. I breathe during nap time. I can't even leave the room, muchless the state lol. I will beappearing here daily until atleast July 25th. , and possibly until July 30th. 2018

Gwalker
03/03/2006, 04:07 PM
Well, it looks like I won't be able to make it there unfortunatly. I just had a big SPS and LPS shipment come in that I have to deal with.

Paul if you need the funiture dollies, just come by and pick them up.

Gary

pwhitby
03/03/2006, 04:11 PM
I will certainly need one of them Gary. Ill swing by and get it

Thanks,

P.

mskohl
03/03/2006, 04:26 PM
Russell and I will be there. Russell to help and I'll cheer you on and provide some fortifying liquids....

dustin Combs
03/03/2006, 05:26 PM
P,

I am not going to make it. Gary put me to work and I had a root canal today. It is kicking my butt. Looks like you have plenty of hands though.

dustin and debbie

DizziDezi2
03/04/2006, 06:24 PM
aw suck Paul! I would have come by if I had seen this yesterday! Not that I can lift much- but moral support always helps right?? Howd it go?

pwhitby
03/04/2006, 08:56 PM
Firstly, I waqnt to apologize for not thanking everyone before now....today has been extremely busy....but....

I want to thank all of our friends that cam by and helped yesterday. Big thanks go to Wayne and Amanda, Ray, Ben and his wife, Ryan, Russel and Stephanie, and of course Lynn (who operated the camera)

Here are a few pics:

The tank was turned onto its face, and laid on a piece of ply wood. The ply was strapped to the tank, then the tank was lifted, two furniture dollies placed underneath and these were strapped to the tank. Once that was done it was a case of pushing it from garage to my door and thru.....

this pic the tank is going into the living room...having come thru the door.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/paul-w/tankindoor.jpg

heres the tank rolling thru my house:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/paul-w/tankinlounge.jpg

Once in front of the stand we removed the dollies and laid the tank on its back. In this pic you can see the protective sheet of wood.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/paul-w/tankindiningroomflipped1.jpg

then it was lifted up onto the stand...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/paul-w/tankindiningroomunclad.jpg

and finally the wood removed.

I asked lynn to stand in front of this for perspective. The tank base 34 inches from the ground, the top is 64.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/paul-w/tankindiningroomdone.jpg

last job...remove the protective film....but that can wait a while.

Once again, thanks all.
I really appreciated the help. You made a big task very easy.

P, and Lynn.

(these pics are also posted in my 600g tank thread)

2ras
03/05/2006, 12:12 PM
Paul,
The tank move was interesting & fun, except moving by the holly bushes part (ouch!).
The partaking of the Devils libations by most of us was nice.
However, I was disappointed by the lack of milk & cookies for the rest of us. :D

The offering of a can of tuna made me feel somewhat better, I think Lynn has stockpiled enough cans of tuna to feed a family of four for a year!

Thanks for the fun time & getting the chance to meet some of the other members!

Regards,
Ray

(I think my butt looks fat in the picture) :D

sadsak
03/05/2006, 07:03 PM
Paul we enjoyed helping out. We are glad to help out, anytime. This help is offered to all COMAS members. Our love for this hobby runs deep in the both of us. Not only in our tanks but in others. Sorry we could not stay and mingle a little longer but we had a b-day party for a young one. Thank You and the wife for the hospitality! Wayne & Amanda Duck

sadsak
03/05/2006, 08:55 PM
So funny you can't see me in the pics...he he!

Travis L. Stevens
03/06/2006, 08:52 AM
Wow, I waited all weekend to see updated pictures. Thank you for posting and thank you for those who helped. I wished I could have been there. Good luck Paul.