PDA

View Full Version : Petown El Toro

XeniaMania
03/01/2006, 11:21 PM
I never got around to asking this so today's the day. Anyone know what happened to them besides the strip mall being redesigned? Did they move to a new location? Or will they be back once the stripmall reopens?

raskal311
03/01/2006, 11:32 PM
I think they are close for good.

Mchava
03/01/2006, 11:35 PM
Nope they are closed for good. Bruce decided it was time to hang up the fishnets. He was thinking of opening a new store when I tanked with him before they closed it down. If was a big hit to the hobbiest becuase there where a lot of people that worked there that new alot of stuff. I actualy would stop by there every day just to see what they had. It was a shame but what can you do.

kokxy
03/01/2006, 11:36 PM
Scott and Bruce have officially left the building. They are not opening a new store down here in South OC, last I heard they were looking into a warehouse near LAX.

WarDaddy
03/02/2006, 08:26 AM
Man they should warehouse in OC....Theycould serve all the stoes in OC and San Diego... Imagine not having to go north past Santa Ana for all your Wholesale (and member buy) needs :-)

Dlckwood
03/02/2006, 09:51 AM
Well they are working at SDC in LA but it is by no means theirs. They work there as fish carers and shipping out orders.

Fmellish
03/02/2006, 10:15 AM
I live on El Toro Blvd.

There is a Petco in the strip mall right before that old strip mall they tore down. It's on El Toro and ROckfield. I was there yesterday. I like to shop there because they don't believe in wild caught fish. It sounded like they were morally against it. So all of there marine fish are tank bred. They have the standard stuff, blue tangs, yellow tangs, sailfin tangs, coral beauty dwarf angels, neon gobies, many types of clowns. For a non Fish-Only store, I've never seen so many different types of clowns, and all clean since they aren't from the ocean. They get their clowns from ORA.

They carry a fair amount of smaller tanks also. I picked up a 6 gallon and 20 gallon AGA from there the other day. It's not Tong's, they only have a few marine tanks, but in those few tanks the fish are clean and varied.

XeniaMania
03/02/2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the input guys...:)

WarDaddy
03/02/2006, 11:04 AM
Oh I may be headed there... Thanks Josh

moses13
03/02/2006, 03:13 PM
That was a huge blow when they closed. I used to go there almost everyday I could get away on my lunch hour. It leaves a big gap in south OC now. Coral oasis is good but small, and much further away for me.

XeniaMania
03/02/2006, 03:42 PM
I know, that's why I'm asking. They had a great shop, and customers with nice corals would sell to them so they'd have a better variety. Some of the corals still in my tank are from them.

Mr aqua
03/02/2006, 05:08 PM
XeniaMania, are you the person who sold them all the Red Sea xenia?

codybug
03/02/2006, 05:27 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6865622#post6865622 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by moses13
That was a huge blow when they closed. I used to go there almost everyday I could get away on my lunch hour. It leaves a big gap in south OC now. Coral oasis is good but small, and much further away for me.

Coral Oasis is redoing their store right now. Ben is putting in some big tanks. It's gonna be really nice. You should check it out.

XeniaMania
03/02/2006, 05:47 PM
No it wasn't me....:) I sold my Red Seas to Frank at Fish2000.

i2go
03/02/2006, 09:47 PM
Does coral Oasis have a frag tank? Also, ya...pet town closing up was a drag. When they were closing up i tried to go like evryday.

XeniaMania
03/02/2006, 10:02 PM
What is the address for Coral Oasis?

BMitch
03/03/2006, 07:58 PM
18103 SKYPARK SOUTH
SUITE "F"
IRVINE,
CA
92614-0507

TrojanScott
03/04/2006, 11:46 AM
Glad I decided to cruise the So. Cal forum, I rarely come in here. Cool to hear so many are near by. I'm in Lake Forest, off Los Alisos blvd.

Miss Petown, that's for sure. Bruce told me he was going to work for someone else, I knew that much. He basically told me his new rent would have increased almost 4 times the amount he was paying, and just couldn't do it. That's So.Cal for ya.

Coral Oasis is a cool joint. Ben's remodel job is looking cool. I think the place is huge, (who said it was small?) and has tons of potential. Even though it's in an odd spot, seems like more and more people are checking it out. Yes, they have a frag tank...

I'd love to meet some fellow reefers near by. Anyone really close, more than welcome to stop by, just let me know.

Fmellish
03/04/2006, 11:23 PM
I'm in Mission Viejo, intersection of El Toro Road and the 241. Los Alisos gets you here from where you are. Or El Toro road, or Lake Forest Road, or Bake. About a 10 minute drive if roads are empty.

I have reefer friends in RSM and Laguna Niguel. We are out there :)

Josh

pledosophy
03/07/2006, 02:35 AM
What about Window To the Sea in Tustin. They have a good selection on hand and can special order just about anything. I have been very happy there. Len has come through for me many times.

raskal311
03/07/2006, 08:45 AM
Window to the Sea was a disappointment when I came there a few weeks back. Nice stores and nice people nice but not too much as far as corals.

jefathome
03/07/2006, 04:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6899657#post6899657 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by raskal311
Window to the Sea was a disappointment when I came there a few weeks back. Nice stores and nice people nice but not too much as far as corals.

I have mixed feelings about W2C...
I get all my water there (Catalina I think) but for dry goods, I'd rather order from Marine Depot and drive up to get it. Some times I think that he knows what he is talking about, other times I think he will say anything to make a sale.

For corals and stuff, I like Jeff's Exotic, Tongs, and Pac Reef.
Not much down in south count though.
I live in Mission Viejo as well (La Paz and Olympiad).

moses13
03/08/2006, 12:16 PM
Anyone been to the Reef Room in Dana Point?