PDA

View Full Version : Broke Down 55, just need to paint the room and the 125 goes up!

silkchaos
03/02/2006, 02:24 PM
Broke Down 55, just need to paint the room and the 125 goes up!

I have to say, breakign down a tank like that is a drag, and alot of work. I don't think I am upgrading again any time soon...

and boy does that sand from teh DSB stink!

kase
03/02/2006, 05:57 PM
good luck with the upgrade..i hope everything go smooth for ya

PCIALF
03/02/2006, 06:33 PM
Yes it is a lot of work but it will be worth it!

Gary Majchrzak
03/02/2006, 07:10 PM
Make sure to start with new sand. Or, at the very least, wash that old sand.

Sherry34
03/02/2006, 07:34 PM
you have a pm.

Stephany
03/02/2006, 07:46 PM
I feel for you..!
I broke down a ten gallon... and it was a LOT of work. I felt bad because I couldn't get it all done in one night.

blech

silkchaos
03/02/2006, 08:57 PM
Step 2 is done.. Room's painted.

Definitely doing new sand.. The last stuff was NASTY.

I have spent the last week getting the 100 gallon tub int eh basement half full of water at teh right temp/ph/salinity. Took me about 3 hours to get everything moved (including water). My softies went in my little 29 gallon, and my sebae anemone and clown are sitting in a 10 gallon in my kitchen. The anemone isn't really happy, but it is eating, so that something.

Can't tell where my fish are in teh rubbermade though. Only my chromis came out to eat, the rest apparently are still mad.

drbronx
03/02/2006, 09:37 PM
Best of luck with the move Robinson. Loking forward to seeing the new tank. I have a question about gary's sugestion being that I will soon be in the situation. I havea lot of ministars, copepods, worms etc. which I would hate to lose by throwing out the old sandbed. Is there any danger in keeping at least some of the old sandbed to "seed" the new substrate. In my situation, since the new tank is going into a different location than the present one , I can take some time and gradually transfer the subtrate to prevent a major new cycle in either tank. Again, good luck and holler if you need a hand.

Gary Majchrzak
03/02/2006, 09:44 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6868710#post6868710 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by drbronx
Is there any danger in keeping at least some of the old sandbed to "seed" the new substrate.
It's the accumulated gunk that you want to eliminate. Definitely keep sandbed critters if possible.

zanclus
03/03/2006, 02:59 PM
Good luck with the transfer.Silk , I have just 1 week left before Jerry comes for the 125. I plan on putting my liverock in a 100 gal tub and my corals and fish in a 40 in my son's rooon. It seems like several of us are upgrading here in ol' URSland . See what you started Gary!!!!!!!!!!