PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Selling my 50G System

WarEagleNR88
03/03/2006, 11:12 AM
Hi, I'm thinking of selling my 50G system and moving on. If there are any takers, make an offer and maybe come take a look at it. I'm in Enid. Preferrably send me a pm. Here's a list of the stuff and descriptions below. 50G Glass Tank, Black Stand, Black Canopy, Rock, Sand, Livestock, Mag 18, Quiet One 3000, Turboflotor 1000 skimmer. I dont think you'd want the tank I have for the sump--it sucks.

50G glass tank. 48"Lx18"Tx13"W I think. Drilled for a single 1.5" bulkhead in the back center of the tank. Has a trapezoidal when viewed from the top overflow with about 18" of linear overflow. A couple of scratches in the front glass but not too noticeable.

Black Stand. This is not the best piece of the system. I think I have a leak in my sump--long story--so the left side of the stand has swelled and such. I've been thinking of building a new stand but the more I think of making a new stand, the more I want to sell the tank. Catch my drift? It's about 3-4 ft tall, all black with two doors in the front. The hole in the back of the stand is for the bulkhead in the tank--go figure.

Black Canopy. It's about 6-8 inches tall and has AH supply 3x96W ballasts and place for three bulbs. Opens from the top exposing about 3/4 of the tank. Has 3 computer fans inside of it that cool the bulbs. Bulbs are also for sale, but they are over a year old and should be replaced. 10k coralife x 2, 1 combo 10k/actinic bulb.

Live Rock. About 60-80 lbs of it. Very good rock. Decent coralline growth, but nothing that will win awards right now. I can get a picture of the way I have it now if interested.

Live Sand. Came in twenty pound bags as "live sand". Not sure the brand but really good stuff. With the sand and the rock, tank cycled almost immediately. There are probably lots of bristleworms in the sand along with those little nassarius snails.

Livestock. 5 types of hermit crabs (blue, zebra, scarlet, 1 electric orange, red striped), two ricordea polyps, a blue velvet damsel and a gold striped maroon clown both probably a year old and do well together, 2 skunk cleaner shrimps, a few zoanthids of varying color. Pods.

Equipment. I've got basically two decent pumps and a skimmer. You'd have to work a little with the skimmer to get it to produce.

Let me know if interested.

UD
03/04/2006, 07:42 PM
I am also in Enid. call 405-413-6519 and lets talk about your tank. I may be interested.

WarEagleNR88
03/06/2006, 08:49 PM
Anyone interested?

Brandino007
03/06/2006, 10:45 PM
How much for the Cleaner shrimps and got any pics of the ricordea polyps?

Travis L. Stevens
03/07/2006, 08:24 AM
I will also be interested in the Dwarf Zebra Hermit crabs. I might as well start getting some of my Black and White tank ready :)

aquaphile
03/08/2006, 08:56 PM
do you have pics of the ricordea and zoa's?

WarEagleNR88
03/08/2006, 09:13 PM
No pics of the rics or the zoas at this time. Ricordeas, I have an orange one and a teal one. The orange ric is about the size of a silver dollar and has one mouth. The teal ric has three mouths and is a little over the size of a quarter--I haven't figured out where it would like to be yet as my orange one is fat and happy directly under the lights. I've heard different things but the teal one has grown. I feed them thawed mysis or brine shrimp from those frozen cubes from Ocean Nutrition and San Francisco Bay.

The zoas are nothing too exciting. Standard colors--browns, greens, and some yellows.. One rock of purples--not PPEs. Their health is not quite as good as when I had more time to take care of them.

WarEagleNR88
03/26/2006, 10:38 PM
OK here's my status. Doug here in Enid bought the tank, stand, canopy, rock, sand and the blue velvet damsel last weekend. I'm keeping the rics, all of my zoos trying to wean all of the zoos back to health--i find it hard to give it all up ya know. But a 10G will make things much easier to move around the country.

I'm also going to be hanging onto the gold striped maroon clown, both cleaner shrimps and all of my nassarius, cerith, astrea snails along with some crabs. Which crabs I'm going to pick I'm still trying to decide.

Travis were you still wanting some of those zebra crabs? They are just making me angry crawling all over my recovering polyps. Plus I've got way too many crabs in my tank atm.

Travis L. Stevens
03/27/2006, 07:32 AM
I sure will. Just shoot me a PM on how many are/will be available with a price. I might be able to swing up there.