PDA

View Full Version : Captive breeding

Wetchick
03/03/2006, 01:29 PM
Hello,

In your website you advertise 19 species+ of captive bred fish. You only have 5 available, that does not give me much selection.
You don't support captive breeding?

Thanks,
Lisa

dfs/la2
03/03/2006, 02:42 PM
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for contacting Drs. Foster and Smith Live Aquaria. We definitely support captive breeding. We apologize that several of the captive bred species you are inquiring about are currently unavailable on our website. The availability of specimens is dependent on what we have available in our aquatics center, and this depends on what we are able to harvest from the wild and which tank raised specimens are available at the time. Our holding facility does receive daily shipments, so the stock can change from day to day. We are unable to give you a specific date as to when we will have the specimens in stock. Please feel free to click the “Email Me” link by the product(s) and we will send you an automated email as soon as it becomes available.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me personally at 1-800-562-7169 ext. 225 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. CST. Monday through Friday.

Sincerely,

Leah B.
LiveAquaria.com

Wetchick
03/03/2006, 03:07 PM
I did the email thingg and waited for more than a month now.

Why is not the captive bred fish available?

Lisa

Wetchick
03/03/2006, 03:07 PM
I did the email thing and waited for more than a month now.

Why is not the captive bred fish available?

Lisa

dfs/la2
03/03/2006, 03:27 PM
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your questions. The stock of the captive-bred fish in our holding facility will vary with what is available from the fish-breeding farm. Unfortunately, this will vary with how often the fish proliferate and how many of the fry survive. It is also dependent upon demand for specific types of fish. We apologize, as we have little control over what the breeders are able to offer or supply to us.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me again.

Sincerely,

Leah B.
LiveAquaria.com