PDA

View Full Version : resetting the unit?

ZippyBoy
03/03/2006, 04:54 PM
Brand new AC III.

tested yesterday with the temp probe and ethernet connection. Everything worked great. Unplugged everything last night until I could find the industrial strength velcro (found some at Home Depot).

Plug the temp, ethernet and power cord back in this evening........the screen lights up but is blank. The ethernet connection is working (both yellow and green lights are on). Tried to get into the unit via my PC (tried both explorer with correct address and aquanotes software). Nothing...can't find the unit.

Any advice greatly appreciated. I've already unplugged the unit and plugged back in twice w/o success.

ZippyBoy
03/03/2006, 04:58 PM
I'm finally into the unit via aquanotes (just started working). Screen still blank....are there any commands I can send to the unit to "reboot" itself?

ZippyBoy
03/04/2006, 07:07 AM
bump

anyone?

DrBDC
03/04/2006, 08:37 AM
Have you tried unplugging it, waiting and plugging it back in yet?

ZippyBoy
03/04/2006, 03:44 PM
about 5 times.

The software has also now crashed on me. :mad2: I am getting the following error message:

"System error &H80004015 (-2147467243). The class is configured to run as a security id differant from caller."

I've tried to restore the AquaNotes software from backup as well as re-install from the original disk. nothing...same error message.

DrBDC
03/04/2006, 04:39 PM
Give them a call on the support number, he'll have you fixed in minutes.

ZippyBoy
03/06/2006, 05:23 PM
Just wanted to post an update....

I spoke with Curt today and everything is now fine.

The system error issue relates to a security issue between XP and Aquanotes. Essentially if you enable the software for web access and you did NOT set up a password in XP for the user, the two software packages have issues. Easy to fix. I can post the steps to follow if anyone is interested.

The AC III LCD issue was even easier to fix and has to do with a new pin connector on the new motherboard. The pins are too long and touch the screen circut when the unit is tightly screwed together and gets jostled in transit. Neptune is aware of and has fixed the issue. I fixed the pins myself and the unit is up and working perfectly.

BTW, When Curt at Neptune and Mark at Reef Stop eventually got my messages, they went out of their way to contact me and fix the problem ASAP.

thanks guys.