PDA

View Full Version : Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer, what do you think of this skim?

ZURCSREEF
03/03/2006, 10:08 PM
What do you think of the Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer, here's a link to it: At my local fishstore they use them in all there tanks and I thought they were pretty nice, the way there setup, and seemed to be skimming good, but wanted a few extra thoughts on it from the people of RC. The price isn't bad at all, considering its a plug and play purchase, comes with pump, etc. Let me know guys and gals...

Thanks,
-Mike C. aka ZURCSREEF

bckane
03/04/2006, 12:03 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6876643#post6876643 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ZURCSREEF
What do you think of the Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer, here's a link to it: At my local fishstore they use them in all there tanks and I thought they were pretty nice, the way there setup, and seemed to be skimming good, but wanted a few extra thoughts on it from the people of RC. The price isn't bad at all, considering its a plug and play purchase, comes with pump, etc. Let me know guys and gals...

Thanks,
-Mike C. aka ZURCSREEF

I have the CCS 125 bought it a couple of weeks ago to play around with it....It hangs in my 20gal sump...I did do several mod to make easier to adjust...(gate valve and some 1" pvc pipe).....seem to skim better then my remora pro with a mag 5
hope this helps...seems to be well built....but beware it tends to overflow when adding any type chemicals
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=786435
Brian

ZURCSREEF
03/04/2006, 12:07 AM
Don't all over flow when adding additives? Aren't you suppose to turn off your skimmer when you adding supplements? Anyone else have any comments?

Thanks bckane,
-Mike C. aka ZURCSREEF

bckane
03/04/2006, 12:16 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6877295#post6877295 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ZURCSREEF
Don't all over flow when adding additives? Aren't you suppose to turn off your skimmer when you adding supplements? Anyone else have any comments?

Thanks bckane,
-Mike C. aka ZURCSREEF
Dont know if you seen this...but answers alot of questions
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=563298&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

ZURCSREEF
03/04/2006, 12:28 AM
very useful link, greatly appreciate it bckane, looking through it now...

fishaholic911
03/04/2006, 09:59 AM
my asm never overflows