PDA

View Full Version : someone blast my photos to give me advice

Lunchbucket
03/03/2006, 11:59 PM
i just got a Canon S2 IS a couple months ago...it was very confusing at first as i have had only mainly P&S cameras. i haven't had free control over the Shutter speed and DOF. now that i do i am learning but still easily confused :D

i am wondering if people can look at the pics i too yesterday and give me some constructive criticism so i can learn to take better pics.

please post the picture here that you are talking about and then post the comments if you would please

here are the pics! (http://www.lunchbucket.org/3_1_06.htm)

thanks again!
Lunchbucket

Chaotic Reefer4u
03/04/2006, 03:04 PM
hey lunch, look's awesome to me bro...

Sk8r
03/04/2006, 05:01 PM
Really great. I've got to get new batteries for mine. Now I'm inspired.

Snausages01
03/04/2006, 07:58 PM
Try using spot metering, when you are taking pictures of individual corals.

gho
03/04/2006, 08:13 PM
They look really awesome to me! I think you did a great job.

There's some stuff here about shutter speed/aperture/ISO, etc,
www.ximinasphotography.com/lessons

Check out Section 3: "Exposure"

aural
03/04/2006, 08:22 PM
look really great to me. the biggest piece of advice i will give you is to clean your glass before you start shooting :D

tangey
03/04/2006, 08:42 PM
Looks good

Lunchbucket
03/05/2006, 12:10 PM
thanks everyone...i'm a newbie remember :D

Snausages01 - spot metering huh...hmmm i'm going to go read the manual's section on that...thanks for the tip

gho - your site was the most help to me!! i used it to get started. what do i need to work on for ISO/aperture/SS??? i'm sure i need work but could you be more specific to help me out?

aural - i did clean my glass :D the stuff that is there needs to be razor bladed off and i'm waiting on my mag scrapper from www.oceansmotions.com i knew i would have some of that stuff show on some of the lower corals. i hope to have the mag scraper soon...then i'll have clean shots of the bottom corals. i end up breaking corals if i get in there w/a blade and my hands :D

Lunchbucket

gho
03/05/2006, 12:21 PM
Well, I think you're doing fine, but you mentioned:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6877482#post6877482 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lunchbucket
...Shutter speed and DOF. now that i do i am learning but still easily confused...

I figured it might help with your "confusion."

Feel free to ignore it if you've got it down. I'm glad that you found it helpful to get started.

Lunchbucket
03/05/2006, 04:43 PM
oh...:D NO WAY i have it down. i need to get on your page and do a refresher :D need to read my manual again too. always nice to freshen up or find something i missed the 1st two times

Lunchbucket