PDA

View Full Version : Help, something is wrong with my clown

ana_luciav
03/04/2006, 09:26 AM
This morning i found him just barely swimming at the bottom of the tank all lethargic and going sidewas on a rock. I know that is not a good sign I just dont know what could it be that is wrong. All my parameters are fine I just did a 20 % water change 2 days ago and the angel and all the invertebrates and corals are fine. He is almost 2 years, how long do fish live anyways. Oh he had some ich around 4 weeks ago but it went away I treated it naturally. Could it be coming back with force. and why is it only affecting one fish?

PatMayo
03/04/2006, 10:40 AM
If he truly had ich, I doubt that it just went away. What do you mean when you say "I treated it naturally".
If you truly had ich in the tank and you did not QT the fish outside the tank and treat them and you did not let the tank go fallow for at least 6 weeks, chances are you still have ich and that is what is killing your clown. And may eventually kill your other fish. I would read this link on ich. It will give you a good education.

Good luck with your tank.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-08/sp/index.php

Regards,

Pat

ana_luciav
03/04/2006, 11:31 AM
Thanks you are right I went to the store already and the guy gave me kick ich I was reluctant but I really care about my clown so Ill try that and see what happens. My other fish seem fine though.