PDA

View Full Version : Is my Yellow Tang sick?

tkeracer619
03/04/2006, 10:54 AM
I have a tang who has been in the tank for about 2 weeks, he has developed a spot on his top fin around were his forehead would be that looks like its getting larger. Its really hard to explain but it started out looking like some netting damage or something like that. It is on the fin itself on the very top and is very small. Looks like its additional to his fin and not the fin itself. Roundish shape. Dark almost black, He still seems happy and swims about at light speed. . Maybe I can put some nori in there and just keep the cam on the glass for when he comes to get a picture of it.

I have and extensive cleaner crew so chemical treatment that kills them is not possible. If I have to remove him for treatment I am patient and can figure something out.

I had a freshwater fish die of something on his forehead that looked like a ball of white cotton. This doesn't lool like cotton and is black in color. It is however in the same spot, which is why im nervious.

My water params are ok but the tank is pretty new like 2 months. 8.2 ph, 1.024sg. alk and others also look to be normal. O yeah I used 350lbs of live sand and 150lbs of live rock to cycle the tank so it happened pretty fast. He also has plenty of tank mates he seems to swim around and hang with.

Thanks,
Mark