PDA

View Full Version : Clown trying to court Goby??

sumyungviet
03/04/2006, 04:01 PM
my true perc is acting pretty wierd around my orange spot goby... everytime the goby comes out and perches on a rock, the perc comes down and does this sideways kinda swimming infront of the goby, and rubbs against the goby... goby kinda jerks around kinda like "stop botherin me" ... then if the goby goes back under the rocks... clown swims up around teh tank again... the same thing happens everytime the goby comes out... is love in the air?:lol:

i can get a movie clip uploaded in teh next couple of days... i dont know how a clown usually courts a female ... so that might help

Javeo
03/04/2006, 04:55 PM
More likely to be terratorial behaviour, my clowns behave like that towards anything that gets near their anemone, my hand included.

sumyungviet
03/04/2006, 06:21 PM
well both have been in there for about 4 months now.. this behavior just started in the past couple of days.. they've had no problem before, both coming up to feed, or minding thier own business

mattyp
03/04/2006, 10:57 PM
Same things has been going on between my clown and yellow watchman goby. :confused: Been doing it for about 2 months now

ricordiaking
03/05/2006, 12:52 PM
You know what my wideband clownfish, tried to do the same with my yellow watch man, it's wierd.