PDA

View Full Version : FS: 21" protein skimmer with 800GPH pump

Dirt4dinner
03/04/2006, 10:53 PM
I just ordered a new tank and am upgrading all of my reef equipment. This is the one thing that is probably going to be overkill for my new 70 gallon.

It is completely ready to be set in your sump and plugged in. It can also be used as a hang on...but I never have. I am also including a nice 800 GPH power head.

I am thinking $125 for the whole thing.

I can email you photos if you PM me your email address. Thanks, DIRT

clintrandall
03/05/2006, 10:18 AM
What is the brand and model #? Also, could the metal problem you had have affected the skimmer?

Thanks,
Clint

Dirt4dinner
03/05/2006, 10:33 AM
Clint it is made by Catalina Aquariums...and no I don't believe that the copper would affect the skimmer. I am going to pump a bunch of fresh water mixed with a cap full of bleach...then I going to run a bunch more fresh water through it to get it cleaned out. It has a pretty good slim layer that has developed in the collection tube from being used, so it needs a good bath anyways. It is fairly new and it retails for $100 + $35 pump + tax and shipping. So, it is a pretty good deal considering it is still new. It works great. Let me know. -Tyler

clintrandall
03/05/2006, 11:05 AM
I was curious, but if I ever upgrade my skimmer, I'll probably get a 200gal rated ASM to avoid the annoyance of dealing with average skimmers!

Good luck with the new setup! Are you able to at least use your old stand/canopy with the new tank?

Clint

Dirt4dinner
03/05/2006, 11:11 AM
LOL....I am looking at the ASM for my next one too! Oh now, I am getting a custom build tank, stand, and canopy. My tank is fine, I cleaned it out and filled it up with water, there is on copper problem. I just decided it was time to do something nicer looking...which means that my new tank looks a lot like yours clint!

clintrandall
03/05/2006, 11:15 AM
You're getting a corner tank, huh? They're neat to look at and you can do some cool rock structures, but the space is pretty limited underneath. I just put my refugium on a shelf outside of the tank and everything works ok. I do like how large the display is!

Dirt4dinner
03/05/2006, 11:17 AM
No clint, sorry I got your tank mixed up with someone elses...sorry! My new one is a 70 gallon 36" acrylic, on a custom stained oak stand, with matching canopy. I will get pics up as soon as I get it (another 10 days or so until it is ready to be picked-up)...going to be a long wait!

clintrandall
03/05/2006, 11:19 AM
Gotcha. That will be fun to get it going. You should talk to Evolust about getting a good deal ($3/lb) on some ready-to-go live rock.

Dirt4dinner
03/05/2006, 11:23 AM
I am definatly going to need to find a good deal on LR. I will give him a hollar for sure! Thanks for the tip. It is going to be awhile before I am ready. I want to get my new light, which is a retro kit 2 x 250W MH with 2x 96W PC and lunar lights mounted and going. I also want to get a dosing machine hooked up for Kalk water. I am taking my time with this...probably going to be another 6 weeks before water and rock goes in.

clintrandall
03/05/2006, 11:31 AM
I want to add another 250 of MH to my tank too. It's doing pretty well, but I'd like to give it a boost and now that I'm using 14k, I lose a little bit of intensity too.

Even though it will be hard, it's good to get what you want up front so that it will do well from the start.