PDA

View Full Version : Pump Plumbing Question

rdonchann
03/05/2006, 07:20 AM
I have my pump sitting in my sump now. I want to set it on the floor beside the sump. The sump is a 20 long tank so the sides are about a foot tall. If I set the pump beside it and run a loop up and over the side and down in the sump will the pump pull it up and over ok?

The main reason I want it external is to get rid of the noise/vibration that travels through the sump from the pump. Is there something to sit the pump on that would insulate the noise? This is my first sump tank so I may be loaded with lots of dump questions.

jpb61
03/05/2006, 11:31 AM
It all depends on what size pump you have as to whether it will pump the proper gph for your system. As for quieting the pump you might try about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch styrofoam to set it on. I have seen this used before and don't know really how well it works. But, it is cheap enough and worth a shot. John

rdonchann
03/05/2006, 12:43 PM
Forget moving the pump. I swiped my daughter's mouse pad and sat the pump on it. That did it. Bottom of the sump was probably a good place for it anyway. It was an O State pad.

poke75
03/05/2006, 05:42 PM
Nice way to exibit some school spirit.

You just made a GREAT improvment to your tank!!

rdonchann
03/05/2006, 07:35 PM
Either that or poisoned it. :)