PDA

View Full Version : Aquatic Wildlife

Rockym
03/05/2006, 09:37 AM
I went to Aquatic Wildlife last Sunday. Very nice new store! They have a wide selection of drygoods and frozen food, lots of saltwater fish, nice clean tanks with healthy looking fish. They had only one frag tank but I was told that they are getting more set up soon (stores only 4 months old). Prices were good and Derek gave me a 20% club discount across the board (2 gobies and frozen food). I would encourage anyone in the area to stop by and check it out for themselves.

mmd
03/05/2006, 06:44 PM
was not impressed with livestock when it first opened, went there today some really nice healthy looking fish....

drewdegenhardt
03/05/2006, 06:52 PM
Does he still have those cube tanks in the back...they were for sale and he only had like one or two left??

sequential
03/06/2006, 10:25 AM
drewdegenhardt, he has two different brands available: NanoCube DX and AquaPod. The NanoCube DX 12 gallon and 24 gallon are more refined looking in the style department, but comes with two 10k CF bulbs. The AquaPods are similar, but cheaper, both in cost and looks. The AquaPods are a little bit louder. The big difference is that the 12g AquaPods come with SunPaq Dual Daylight (6700°K/10000°K) and Dual Actinic (420 nm and 460 nm) bulbs and the 24g has an option for MH.

As for the store, yesterday was my first time there. The store was super busy, but well stocked in dry goods, with a variety of products you'd be hard pressed to find elsewhere. The owner and staff are friendly and generally know their stuff. Prices are generally good and RO/DI water is free, including RO/DI buffered to 7.

The store is pretty heavily FW, but he has a very strong SW showing as well. The LR wasn't in the best of shape, with little coralline algae growing on it, but then again, the store was wiped out in terms of stock on hand. The owner appears to have a passion for FW plants, and the stocking shows it.

Lastly, the store stocks some very unique products and contains some very unique displays as well. He gives discounts to CTARS members of 20% on livestock, 15% on dry goods, no discount on items that are marked down and probably no discount on most tanks, though I can'tbe 100% certain.

The store is very much worth a visit, but if you mention CTARS, he might call you a communist. :D

staninct
03/06/2006, 06:01 PM
Location?

staninct
03/06/2006, 06:02 PM
Nevermind.

cindy288
03/07/2006, 08:52 AM
I hope he gets some more sw livestock in the store

drewdegenhardt
03/07/2006, 08:56 AM
What i was looking for is that he got some custom made cube tanks and stands...they were like in 50-60g range. Derek is a nice guy.