PDA

View Full Version : mushu's 30 gallon hex log....

ratimpulse
03/05/2006, 02:18 PM
Ok, the basis of this tank is like all reef tanks to establish a healthy and prosperous tank. Soo the background I have had this 30 gallon setup up for about a year know with 2-10 gallon reefs that where located in my room and in a entry way. After noticing it takes along time to do maintence on all three tanks I decided to put all the stuff into my FOWLR 30 gallon and make it a 30 gallon reef. So the tank in general has been up for a year and as a reef for about 2-3 weeks. Which is pretty much no time. The 30 gallon has also turned into a peaceful/get better tank with the adoption of a very small yellow tang that will be moved into my 55 or a 120 going up in my basement in the near future. And a very small GBTA that has been eating and looks very healthy.

I currently have 1 yellow goby, 2 percula clowns, 1 clarkii clown, 1 yellow tang, very small GBTA, Kenya tree's, numerous snails and crabs. This weekend I plan to get a dersera SP or maxima clam, xenia, zoos, and a few other things and setup my 12 gallon sea grass tank. I feed the tank 2 times a day with mysis, marine flake food, and some other food I create using ingredients similar to melevs. Square of marine algae for the tang, and a small piece of shrimp or silverside to the GBTA.

equipment:
It runs on a 150 watt 15K coralife HOT metal halide light. Multiple powerheads, 1 large HOB filter running carbon and Chemi pure until my new stand and sump arrive. With 40-50 pounds of liverock and a good 1-2" or sand and a weekly 10% water change everything stays fine in the tank.

Plans:
Also when my stand/sump arrive I will be attaching a beckett style skimmer or a recirculating skimmer hopefully. Also i plan to drill the tank for 1 output for the tank and 2 inputs. And then run a melevs style closed loop using a mag 9 and a SCWD. This will eliminate the need for any powerheads in the tank. Also there is a designated part of the sump that was created to hold a place for rubble rock letting water drain over it and then running into a fuge then back into the tank. But of course the skimmer will be placed before the fuge.

Pictures will be up soon.