PDA

View Full Version : Portuguese help

megatsea
03/05/2006, 06:13 PM
Welcome Portuuese reefkeepers! My husband is Portuguese, from Tavira. We live in Palm Coast Florida. If you need drastic help, I will volunteer him to translate from Portuguese to English on emergency basis as he works, and will not have much time. But, he is here if needed.....
Thankyou reefcentral! You have all taught me patience and healthy reefkeeping....great job!
M

cheeks69
03/05/2006, 11:39 PM
Well that is very kind of you megatsea and your husband and welcome to the Portuguese forum.

Has he been in the states long if you don't mind my asking ? Is there a Portuguese community in the Palm Coast ? I'm from Sao Miguel, Acores but live in the States.

Kind Regards
Roberto

megatsea
03/06/2006, 06:47 AM
We are from in Cape Cod....he was raised in Maryland and then moved Framingham, Mass., then the Cape. His folks moved back to Tavira about 18 years ago. They visit once a year....
We moved to Palm Coast 6 years ago . There seems to be a large Portuguese community here ...we had no idea until we moved here seeing so many Portuguese businesses.... a very small world it is... ... it is nice to go to the Portuguese bakery and restaurant here. Many people from the Azores, and Brazil. Brings back memories!
Anyway, I found this forum and will check in from time to time. Notice you are from Mass. We left in 1988. Miss it, but not the cold! Nice to meet you.

M

cheeks69
03/06/2006, 07:45 AM
His folks moved back to Tavira about 18 years

My in-laws are from Vila Real St. Antonio, Algarve not too far away from Tavira...small world is right. Well it's great to have you here. I'm in Fall River now the Portuguese capitol of New England...lol plenty of P. Bakery's and Restaurants.

Regards
Roberto

megatsea
03/06/2006, 08:03 AM
Vila Real is beautiful. We hope to get back next year for another visit. My inlaws usually come here once a year to visit. In the old days it was less money as my father inlaw worked for TAP for years out of Boston. Those days are gone.
I finally have my husband interested in my reef hobby, though. All he wants to do is sail ...why bother with a reef tank at home to look at fish when we can dive to look at them....we spent 10 years of our marriage living and cruising in our sailboat.....then the kids were born....we have now become landlocked.......

Have a good week. Nice tank and critters by the way!
M

cheeks69
03/06/2006, 02:55 PM
we spent 10 years of our marriage living and cruising in our sailboat

Now that's the life...kids always ruin everything LOL J/K

Nice tank and critters by the way!

Thank you :)