PDA

View Full Version : clean up crew?

msuzuki126
03/06/2006, 05:26 PM
I just started my saltwater tank about a month ago. I plan on getting an anemone and maybe some corals. What kind of cleaners should i get? ( right now i have hair algae and brown algae on rocks and sand) Also, should i put any cleaners in m refugium- there is brown algae growing in there too. Thanks alot :)

msuzuki126
03/06/2006, 05:28 PM
tank is 37 gallons and has two small clowns

TWallace
03/06/2006, 06:56 PM
I'd get blue leg hermits, astrea, cerith and nassarius snails. This site has great prices on those: http://liverockandmore.com/specials.php. I ordered critter pack 2 for my 55g and they had all undesirable algae completely wiped out in 3 days, no exaggeration. Now I'm worried that they don't have enough to eat. You can buy the crabs/snails individually for generally 45 cents each or less through them. I'd ask for extra shells for the hermits, or you won't get any and then they may start killing cerith or nassarius for the shells.

The critter packs also come with a serpent star, sea cucumber and deco crab (or lettuce nudibranch but those are out of stock). I opted for no deco crab and asked for extra snails instead. They're real easy to work with and have no problems making substitutions on orders.