PDA

View Full Version : help me pick a fish

Jonnyacrofeed
03/06/2006, 06:02 PM
Hi everyone, I have a 36 gallon reef tank with about 48 pounds of live rock in it. Right now I have a Fridmani Pseudochromis, and a True Percula Clownfish in the tank and am looking at getting another fish. Sometimes the Pseudochromis darts at the clownfish, he pretty much thinks the whole tank is his. He really doesn't do any damage to the clownfish and I think if the clownfish would be more bold he would get the other fish to stop. The clownfish many stays in the one corner of the tank near the front and sometimes swims the length of the tank but only in the front. I was thinking of maybe getting a reef safe wrasse, blenny or goby or maybe something else. I would like something that would move around the tank though and be able to put the pseudo in his place. Any suggestions on another fish or experience with a simalar situation to mine? Thanks.

Alaskan Reefer
03/07/2006, 05:36 AM
Six Line Wrasse or Bicolor Blenny -- they won't get pushed around. My Bicolor (before he went center brace sunbathing) would go lip to lip with my very, very mean (he want back to the LFS) strawberry pseudochromis. My Six Line (yes one is still around!) didn't take any BS from him either. Meanwhile, the strawberry scared the hell out of my ocellaris clown and yellow tang.

Jonnyacrofeed
03/15/2006, 05:11 PM
thanks alaskan reefer, anyone else have some suggestions?

Porkibear
03/15/2006, 05:17 PM
Have you paired up your true perc? Maybe you can get your clown a mate so they can swim around together. There is "power in numbers", too... =P

Maybe a fox-face....but I think those would out-grow your tank.

The Reefer91
03/15/2006, 05:24 PM
hmmmmm. a moorish idol could be nice, or maybe a mandarinfish :D j/k

Jonnyacrofeed
03/17/2006, 05:15 PM
the funny thing is I used to have a mandarin and the pseudochromis never bothered him they would both roam around the tank.

MCary
03/17/2006, 05:18 PM
Big fan of firefish gobies for small tanks.

whiteshark
03/17/2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah, Helfinch's firefish. Thats my recommendation, if your ready to drop 200 bux on it.

ReefHotSpot
03/18/2006, 04:42 PM
I would be worried about a firefish goby with a nasty pseudo. I would go for a moderately sized fairy wrasse. In my personal experience, I have had a six line get pushed around by a strawberry pseudo (bastards through and through).

max
reefhotspot.com

nemofish2217
03/18/2006, 04:51 PM
if you have sps or clams, watch out for bi-colors, i just tore my tank apart getting mine out.... very cool fish though...