PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to ship xenia ?

GatorReefman
03/07/2006, 04:29 AM
I have had pink pom pom xenia that I would like to sell but have heard they ship poorly. Does anyone have a successful method to ship them from coast to coast? thanx, jon

rustybucket145
03/07/2006, 08:53 AM
I have had success (but not coast to coast). I rubberband the rock to a piece of styrofoam and float it upside down in a bag. This keeps the rock from rolling and crushing the xenia. Heat packs are a must.

gobind
03/07/2006, 02:49 PM
i ve tryed to move xenia over a few hundred miles and its died a few things to remember oxygen levels are important and temp..
use the method of attaching the styrofoam and heatpacks, oxygenate the water make sure the bag cannot leak and you shouldnt have any problems

castorpollux
03/07/2006, 06:30 PM
rinse the xenia several times in ro before bagging and sending in the tank water, once your rinsed the slime off it won't nuke itself in the bag from what i hear at least.

Zoos
03/07/2006, 09:46 PM
Xenia only ships poorly because of the slime they produce, if you ship a tiny, and I mean tiny piece in a decent amount of water, then your chances are better.

Agu
03/07/2006, 09:50 PM
I've shipped xenia, and it arrived a stinky, slimey mess. IMO it's not worth the effort..............

XeniaMania
03/07/2006, 09:50 PM
Well..using the float method prevents them from suffocating in their own slime. Always use the float method. I'm getting breathable bags too.