PDA

View Full Version : Where is my yellow watchman?

cubanheat1
03/07/2006, 05:29 PM
I got a small yellow watchman 2days ago. Havent seen him since.Do they borrow deep in sand bed?Is there any possibility my BTA ate him?It hasent even came out when feeding tank.Is he most likely scared,i only have a pair of clowns and a cleaner shrimp.Oh ya its in a 20gL.

artful-dodger
03/07/2006, 06:30 PM
Doubtful that he got himself into the anemone...he's quick and BTA stings aren't particularly potent. I'd bet he's hiding. They tend to find a place at a cave opening where they can disappear quickly. They usually set up camp at a place where they can watch the room (hence the name). His might be at the back of your rock.

Try sitting very quietly in the dark by the tank (do you drink beer or wine? now would be a good time to practice...) and see if he appears. It is possible that he's ducking for cover every time you enter the room if he either sees you or walking across the floor shakes the tank even a little bit.

mikersx02
03/07/2006, 06:55 PM
I bought a yellow watchman 2 days ago- and thought for sure he died shortly after I put him in. I couldnt find him for nothing.

This morning- while eating breakfast and watching the fish eat- I noticed he had made a borrow next to the nitrex box vents in the gravel. He poked his head up and snatched a piece of brine shrimp for himself.

How long tell he comes out in the open and is social? Ever?

Blazer88
03/07/2006, 08:58 PM
I didn't see my Yasha Haze (avatar) goby for about two weeks when I first added him in. They seem to be a bit scared and hide for a while before they become comfortable. Now mine just sits on the sand all day out in the open. It's just a matter of when they are comfortable.

mikersx02
03/08/2006, 07:00 AM
mine came out today all the way for the first time. He grabbed a mouthfull of brineshrimp and ran back to his cave- i should take a picture for you guys :D

He is tiny. Almost makes me wish I got his bigger cousin. They had a much larger sandsifter goby (diamond something or other) But i didnt want tto take a chance that the bigger goby and lawnmower blenny would fight.

cubanheat1
03/08/2006, 12:11 PM
I saw my watchman todayyyyy!!!!finally it came form inside one of my LR holes.

DirtySouth056
03/08/2006, 01:17 PM
Post up some pics! Nice Avy, Blazer88