PDA

View Full Version : 2 TUNZE 6000 ok for 92g?

DMK
03/07/2006, 10:31 PM
i posted this in sps forum but thought i should here too:
i'm thinking of ordering 2 TUNZE 6000 w/ multicontroller to replace my 6 MJ1200's. my current turnover rate w/ return pump and powerheads is about 30X. once i replace 4 of the 6 MJ1200's w/ 2XTUNZE 6000's(i am leaving 2 MJ1200's in facing towards back corners), i'll be at about 64X turnover. that's more than double the current turnover rate. tank is 3 yrs old so i'm not worried about a sandstorm, just worried about shocking SPS and a few LPS w/ that much of an increase. i may start w/ just 1 and after a week or 2 add the other. should i be ok. i want to get my flow perfect before i really start adding alot more SPS frags and a new RBTA.

rvitko
03/08/2006, 10:31 AM
Just be aware that the rose is in danger if he roams near the pump I would be cautious when you add him. I think that set would be fine, I might suggest just buying one pump first and seeing if one alone would work for you. I don't think you will need any maxijets. I would start the pumps at low flow and crank them up over a couple weeks period.

DMK
03/08/2006, 09:17 PM
i was gonna do just 1 first, but i think i'll probably want another, and 1, i believe, only comes w/ a single controller, and if i buy 2 in a kit, they will come w/ a multi. i will place them up high, away from LR, hopefully the RBTA doesn't like climbing glass.

rvitko
03/09/2006, 11:16 AM
The pumps work without controllers so you can buy one and no controller or one and the multiconroller and just add more later.

DMK
03/09/2006, 03:25 PM
thanks. what do u think i really need 1 or 2. i'm going to keep 2 MJ1200's down low blowing towards 2 front corners, since these spots tend to be dead w/ corner tanks. you're the tunzemaster, what would u honestly do if u were me. 1 or 2, i'd rather do whatever i'm gonna do and not add on. i have someone holding a RBTA for me and i want flow set before i add it.thanks.

rvitko
03/09/2006, 03:35 PM
I really don't know, bowfront tanks really change the flow dynamics and I have never had a bowfront, i just know from a friend that the flow doesn't work the same it rolls across the bowfront instead of bouncing and it's a whole nother ballgame. I would try 1 and see what you think.

DMK
03/09/2006, 04:37 PM
i'm thinking instead of blowing towards front glass from either side(which would make it "roll"), i may blow from a side or both sides towards middle of tank w/ a porous piece of LR in front of the stream.