PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable

Docbones
03/07/2006, 10:36 PM
Ok in May of last year (2005) me and a friend both went to the LFS and bought a pair of Clownfish. In mid September (2005) one of his clowns came up missing and he never found the corpse, so naturally we assumed that the clean up crew had done its job and eaten the corpse.

Tonight he was taking taking down the tank , selling it to put money into rebuilding a car, and what does he find living in the overflow....the missing Clownfish. Somehow it has managed to live in the built in overflow for almost 6 months this has to be the worlds toughest Clownfish. I went and picked up the fish it is now living in my Nano Cube ......must seem like the ocean compared to a overflow in a 65 gallon tank.

Zoalander
03/07/2006, 10:47 PM
Wow that is incredible. Do you have pics? You should name it Chuck Norris.

RevHtree
03/07/2006, 10:48 PM
Cool story! I had a friend of mine get ick in his tank. He had lost a clown a few months earlier. He did a 12week fishless tank, so he thought until he found the clown in the overflow after the treatment was up. So he went another 8 weeks...LOL!

fish are life
03/07/2006, 11:15 PM
well this isnt about fish in a overflow box but my zebra morray did slither his way out of my tank one night and i found him the next morning about 50ft from the tank flopping about and he is still alive today. i dont know how long he was out for.

nemofish2217
03/07/2006, 11:17 PM
HAHAHA....ROFLMAO.... Chuck Norris...... Naw, he would have just stared at the overflow box until it poured him back into the tank.... :uzi:

cfarrow2
03/07/2006, 11:32 PM
Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting, Chuck Norris goes killin'.

mg426
03/07/2006, 11:42 PM
I had a clown do the same thing, but it was only about three days.

EnFuego
03/07/2006, 11:50 PM
I had a midas blenny go missing for about a month and found him under the couch (however, he was not alive)...wait...i guess thats a bit different from these other stories.

bswedenburg
03/07/2006, 11:57 PM
hmmm...chuck norris isn't a real guy fellas....hate to be the one to tell ya! it's easy to be tough, when you pay the other guys to fall down....(yes, this qualifies as a reality check)

davidryder
03/08/2006, 12:21 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6906358#post6906358 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fish are life
well this isnt about fish in a overflow box but my zebra morray did slither his way out of my tank one night and i found him the next morning about 50ft from the tank flopping about and he is still alive today.

terrible terrible terrible... we had a snowflake in our sumps at the store that was almost 2 ft long and probably 2 years old. when i first started working there i thought it would be wise to put it in a display tank (who would buy a fish they can't see?) and the next morning he was dried up on the floor... haha not so funny

davidryder
03/08/2006, 12:22 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6906579#post6906579 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bswedenburg
hmmm...chuck norris isn't a real guy fellas....hate to be the one to tell ya! it's easy to be tough, when you pay the other guys to fall down....(yes, this qualifies as a reality check)

when superman goes to bed, he wears chuck norris pajamas hahaha there are hundreds of these jokes out there... and they are pretty funny... sorry i think we're getting off topic here

Docbones
03/08/2006, 04:00 PM
Well when i put the clown in the Nano he didnt act to good but hes doing great today , altough hes very shy. I guess living in an overflow for 6 months and not seeing ANYTHING would cause that.

Eugene Ciccimaro
03/08/2006, 04:05 PM
I thought you were going to say that after his clown dissapeared for months, it appeared in your tank mated.

coryherby
03/08/2006, 05:15 PM
this isn't about chuck norris but (and I honestly hate his movies and never really liked him) to call him not tough you don't know much about him. He is a six time undefeated World Professional MiddleWeight Karate Champion from 1968 to 1974. In 68 he was inducted into the Black Belt Hall of Fame as a fighter and again in 1975 as an instructor. Sorry just thought I would correct that statement. I would of hated to run into that guy in a dark alley in his heyday.

Back on subject. I check my overflows pretty regularly for stuff. The only thing i have found are nassarius snails. I save those. Don't think i would bother with other snails but since those like substrate i get them out.

fish are life
03/08/2006, 10:34 PM
when cuck norris does a push up he doesnt go up the world moves down...lol

chuck norris pulled down his pants once and a eclips occured.

wetWolger
03/08/2006, 10:44 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6911018#post6911018 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Docbones
Well when i put the clown in the Nano he didnt act to good but hes doing great today , altough hes very shy. I guess living in an overflow for 6 months and not seeing ANYTHING would cause that.
I can only imagine what that would do to your personality. Not quite the same since clowns are not self aware, but can you imagine being in solitary confinment for 6 months? You would never be the same, honestly insane.

hawaiianwargod
03/09/2006, 01:29 AM
CHUCK NORRIS RULES !!! BTW, that is one tough clown. Amazing indeed!