PDA

View Full Version : how much is this tank setup worth?

SaltyNewb
03/08/2006, 03:19 PM
I think times may be getting tough and have to sell my tank, just wondering if it's even worth it or if i'll lose way too much money. If you could please guess what would be a good starting asking price for this entire setup, not parting out.

Thanks!

-58g oceanic middle overflow/mega flow (bought August '05) back is
painted black and looks very good and tank is in mint condition
-Oceanic stand, medium oak (bought August '05)
-dual 250watt pfo ballast
-pfo 36" parabolic reflector
-URI vho ballast (same as icecap 660 just no heatsink-same company
also)
-2x10k AB halides about 4-5 months use
-2x36" super actinic, 1x36" 50/50
-3 heaters
-Aqua C Urchin pro w/mag 3
-20g sump/fuge (has shop light for macro algae)
-mag 7 return with loc line
-clip on fan and computer fan
-red sea wavemaster pro w/4 mj's (2- 1200 2- 900 all 1 week old)
-Spectra Pure RO/DI (still has 0 tds) 1 year old hardly used though
-Spectra Pure Auto Top off (pressure sensitive - great product)
-dr. foster smith refractometer
-hanna tds meter
-nearly full b-ionic 2 part
-Coralife 9w turbo twist UV sterilizer, bulb has about 3 months use no
more than that
-nearly 75lbs haitian live rock at least I think, all have coraline
-2-3" sand bed
-rio 2100, rio 1400, mj 400, power strips, timers, all plumbing,
thermometer, 33g garbage can for freshwater, 20g rubbermaid for salt, about 150g worth of salt mix left, mag float, various food items, etc...

-Sailfin tang
-Flame Angel
-Royal Gramma
-2 black clowns
-Tri Color Anthias

-xenia
- red and yellow zoos
-mushrooms
-blastos
-brain
-candy cane
-green slimer
-unknown acro
-torch coral
-frogspawn
-ricordia

here is a pic for referance

or see here http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=788273

http://members.cox.net/draggio1/images/DSC044641.jpg

fishman805
03/08/2006, 03:46 PM
Good luck, I would have no idea on how to price it and would not like to offend you by giving a starting price.... You know that you will not get out what you paid in though.....

Bob

Wryknow
03/08/2006, 03:47 PM
Maybe $800 or $900 if you try to sell it all together. You've got some nice stuff but it is sometimes hard to sell complete set-ups: prospective buyers may not have enough cash to buy everything at once. It seems like most people get a better price by selling everything individually though.

trippyl
03/08/2006, 03:57 PM
one thing is for sure, it is worth more to you than anyone else.

raskal311
03/08/2006, 04:17 PM
$750 - $800 would be a fair asking price.

SaltyNewb
03/08/2006, 04:46 PM
yeh i was thinking around $900 though, more near $1000 since the tank is very young and the equipment is very good., I know i've spent wayyyyyyyy more than that LOL it happens to everyone I guess.

I'm gonna hate it but I may have to.

Grand Wazoo
03/08/2006, 05:15 PM
Boy, that's a tough break. Sorry for your predicament.

Just a few hours ago people were raving about it and giving you all kinds of accolades on your accomplishment and it seemed you were all happy about it. Now you are selling it?

If you meet me half way I'll buy it from you for a fair price. I am right here in Florida. But I really hope you change your mind and work it out whatever it is you need to work out and keep it!!!!

Beautiful tank!!!

SaltyNewb
03/08/2006, 05:51 PM
It's very hard, I've been thinking about it for a little while now, and now that i've started keeping some sps iv'e gotten so excited about it!

However, school takes up so much time and if I work in the summer away from here it will be difficult to keep the tank up.

I am not trying to sell it, but if the price is right I may have to take it and just get a huge one when i graduate college! lol

thanks again, i'll let you know if i must sell it.

phlipper84
03/08/2006, 05:58 PM
From the looks of it you may make more money and have an easier time parting out everything. The lighting, skimmer and mag-drive alone should bring you fairly good coin.

Chihuahua6
03/08/2006, 06:14 PM
People rarely buy complete set ups. I parted out my 90 gallon and did very well. Everything sold within the week: coral, fish, tank, salt etc. I kept most of my good equipment because I knew I would set up another tank soon. Good luck.

nebraskareef
03/08/2006, 07:15 PM
One thing I notice though....

A URI ballast and an ICECAP are NOT the same thing, or the same company.

If anything, you may be referring to an ARO ballast.

Still, not the same thing as a 660.

SaltyNewb
03/08/2006, 07:29 PM
Actually nebraskareef, you are WRONG.

URI is manufactured by IceCap, and the exact model is URI A4. It will run the same as the IceCap 660.

The ONLY differences are that the IceCap has a dimmer port and heatsink.

Please be aware next time before you post incorrect info, especially to correct someone else.
:rolleyes:

Jamie2337
03/08/2006, 07:29 PM
The URI A4 is made by IceCap. I have one as well...just sent it to IceCap to be serviced. The URI A4 is the same as the IceCap 660, just no dimmer or heatsink!

:rollface: