PDA

View Full Version : toadstool help please

splateee
03/08/2006, 05:34 PM
Hello,

I recently got a large toadstool and i was wondedring what a placement area in the tank would be.

Right now i have it about 12" from the top of the tank with moderate flow. There is a power filter that has the return coming out next to it as well.

It has not really opened up since i got it, when it was at the store it was really large looking, now it is closed up looking. The polyps havent really extended and i also noticed that the ends are turning a yellow/green color.

lighting
1 x 96 watt 10k power compact
1 x 96 watt 50/50 antinic and 10k.

Tank 55 gal

PH 8.0
Salt 1.022
Temp 80

As far as the rest of the corals they are doing great.

Thank you

The steven liu
03/08/2006, 07:53 PM
Toadstool isn't very picky about lighting. I think your piece is ok where it is. I used to run my tank at 80 and many of my corals don't seem to open to its full extend. So I lowered the temp to 76 and they are much happier. Neverthless 80 is fine though.

splateee
03/08/2006, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the reply,

I was just reading through my book on corals and it said that they will sometimes bunch up right before they get ready to shed.

Also i just noticed that when i turn off the power filter it kinda opened up a little. I turned it off because i had just fed some DT pytos, i also noticed this the other night when i fed the corals. I have left the power filter off tonight and will see what it is like in the morning.

Thanks