PDA

View Full Version : I'm in LOVE

Gluestick
03/09/2006, 07:00 PM
My new favorite fish is the Naso Tang. I MUST have one! I have a 90 gal, the LFS said it would be fine in there, but I've read a few books and they say that they need at least a 135. Does anyone have one? I would love to have a naso, but I won't get one if I can't accomodate it. I would love to hear anyone's comments, If you have one, please tell me about your personal experiences with this fish!
Thanks in advance,
VS in IL

RLMainers
03/09/2006, 07:04 PM
Our naso (see my gallery) is the big baby of our tank. He follows my husband back and forth, and has to be the center of attention (as you can see from the gallery pic). He is awesome. We've had him for 2 years in our 125. If you buy a small one he would probably be ok for a little while, but you'd have to eventually upgrade to a bigger tank or sell the fish when he got bigger.
And, no one wants to get rid of their favorite fish!! Good luck.
PS - Make sure your tank is completely cycled before you add any fish.

BurntOutReefer
03/09/2006, 07:20 PM
A small one will be ok for awhile.....ideally the minimum tank for this fish is 125G.....BUT...remember that Tank Volume (G) isn't always 100% accurate...i.e. 125G long versus 125G Tall...which ones better....IMO the long one, as there is more "space" for a fish to swim (and more area for gas exchange)......sorry...went off on a tangent.....