PDA

View Full Version : Can blennies get black ich?

Hal
03/09/2006, 10:31 PM
Since they're scaleless, can they get black ich?

outta names
03/10/2006, 09:10 AM
Hal- This is based on my experience with this crappy disease, which I am going through right now. First of all I have a PB tang, clown, lawnmower blenny,and a six line wrasse. My clown showed signs of black ich, first then my tang next my wrasse and lastly my blenny. The tang just got one small black spot on it so I am not sure if it was ich or not but qurantined(sp?) it anyway. The blenny got a large black spot on it's side, the wrasse got a couple of large spots on its lips and the clown was covered up with them. After a week of trying I finally caught all my fish and got them into my hospital tank. So my answer would be yes they can get ich.

Hal
03/10/2006, 10:45 AM
Nuts. :mad:

It's impossible to tell if my lawnmower blenny is infected due to his normal mottled colorations. I'll guess I'll just have to add him to the next bath I do for my yellow tang.

The black spots are so small I'm not sure I would notice them on most other fishes. Yellow tangs, however - easy to see.:D

outta names
03/10/2006, 11:43 AM
yes the black dots are very hard to see but when you've been staring at your fish for two weeks looking for them they are easy to see when they appear