PDA

View Full Version : swimmer for 30g?

cooltankmate
03/09/2006, 11:34 PM
hi, i want a swimmer that swim alot like a tang. i only have a GSM in the tank. what are my options? must be reef safe, peaceful a plus. btw i don't want to get a firefish

Sports Girl
03/09/2006, 11:44 PM
Is the GSM hosting anything yet? If so, it might be pretty territotial in a 30 gallon, and a tang is definitely out of the question. Why not a firefish? What about a midas blenny, or a chalk bass or banana fish? Or possibly a cardinalfish? I know they don't do laps like tangs, but they are mid-level swimmers and very interesting. HTH!

cooltankmate
03/10/2006, 12:07 AM
the GSM is not hosting anything, and never will :) forgot 1 thing, colorful is a plus also. i think the cardinalfish is too small........

ACBlinky
03/10/2006, 10:05 AM
Some fairy wrasses will work (some get too large). I have a Lubbock's in my 30g, he's beautiful and a very active swimmer. They're know as fish that are neither bully nor bullied; these guys can hold their own against just about anything, including a maroon. When I had my maroon (long since returned to the LFS, at 2" she was already a fish killer) the Lubbock's didn't bat an eyelash when she went on a rampage. My only caution would be to make sure you cover the tank - these guys are incredibly fast and will jump if they're startled.

jda
03/10/2006, 01:00 PM
If you have a top:

Midas Blenny
Carpenter's Wrasse
Most other Fairy Wrasses
Blue Eyed Anthias

All Delight
03/10/2006, 03:32 PM
12 line wrasse.

they're colorful and all day swimmers