PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!! Both of my volitan lions antennea are broken off

lost1st manty:(
03/10/2006, 03:25 AM
the first was I never noticed this until recently as she had both when i got her. her name is scorpia, anyways i dont know how this happened or if they will grow back or in harmful for her as i never found out what they were used for, obviously she doesnt have cable or a cb radio, but maybe for hunting or mating not sure,I have had my volitanlionfish for over 2 months now and is doing great other than this problem she is really active adjusted off live foods which i never feed her anymore, has plenty of dark hiding spots for daytime , even one space where she likes to hang upside down:spin1: I dont over feed her feed9 every other to 3 day alternating and only till her belly is slightly rounded giving her small pieces instead of large) a good variety of foods(silversides, shrimp chunks, snow crab chunks, squid chunks, krill,plankton chunks,clams, mussels and other varied treats( i have opted not to even feed her anything live as not to get her back only eating live as i had to starve her 3 weeks before she took non live food, though was coinsidering doing ghost shrimp stuffed for a few days with some flake food for added nutrition possibly) with suplementations and turn out the lights not using them too much to protect her from going blind with the over lighting burning her eyes out. so any other info on this problem and or lion care would be appreciated:wave:

VolitanLioness
03/10/2006, 05:52 AM
That's normal and No the will not grow back, they can loose them as they mature, it's OK.

Here is the Lion info sheet:
http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-11/fm/feature/index.php

Kaye