PDA

View Full Version : Aqualight 150 Watt HQI Tank Mount Pendant

overCee
03/10/2006, 09:00 AM
I am in the market for the Aqualight 150 Watt HQI Tank Mount Pendant (http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ESU-53601&Category_Code=Coralife-halide) and was pleased to see that Premium has it for $10 less than anywhere else that I can find. I have two question about it though. First off, what brand bulb does it come with? And second, would it be possible to substitute in a 14000K or 15000K bulb instead?

I am thinking about upgrading my Oceanic 30g Cube to the point that I can keep an anemone in it and some higher light requirement LPS.

eclecticvibe
03/10/2006, 02:38 PM
That comes with a Coralife brand bulb. You could use a 14000K bulb, but the unit is sold with the original coralife bulb. You'd have to buy an aditional bulb to get a 14k. JBJ is also coming out with some Viper lights you might want to consider.

Newreeflady
03/21/2006, 07:53 PM
Any update on when the viper might be out?

:)
-A

eclecticvibe
03/22/2006, 11:30 AM
The most recent update is the end of next week. Let's hope!

Newreeflady
03/25/2006, 01:30 PM
Jay, when the viper lights come out can you given an opinion on the quality of the fixture, particularly the reflector, with compare to the Aqualight?

I have a 12g jbj cube I am considering lighting options on. I want to buy something that I can use if I upgrade to a larger system in the future. I'm thinking the 150 watter might serve my purposes in this respect (hopefully not too much for the 12g tank.) But, I want to make sure I get a quality fixture, and reflectors are very important so it's tough to pick sight unseen. I would appreciate any help (even via pm or phone.) Personally, I would prefer the 14k bulb, but don't want to get the JBJ fixture if it isn't as high quality as the Aqualight.

Thanks,
Angela.

eclecticvibe
03/26/2006, 01:08 PM
I'll be glad to let you know. Email me at jp@premiumaquatics.com with a reminder, and I'll reply as soon as I see the pendants. In my opinion, it wouldn't be very hard to beat the Coralife pendant in quality. I plan on putting the 70 watt pendant over my 24g nano when I set it up again.

Newreeflady
03/26/2006, 04:30 PM
Thanks, Jay! E-mail sent:)

Angela.