PDA

View Full Version : how do RBTAs ship

tag
03/10/2006, 01:31 PM
I'm looking to get one from another reefer out of state. A little concerned about how well they ship.

larac
03/10/2006, 03:38 PM
Although I'm sure others have had problems- as with anything being shipped, if it is a healthy specimen it should be fine.

Mine was shipped overnight in a bag just damp inside. They are very small when you get them. Be prepared to have some kind of container to keep it in inside the aquarium in case it will not attach right away.

Keep a close eye on it in case it detaches from the rock and goes floating around the tank. I had to keep mine in something the first week.

tag
03/10/2006, 03:42 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6926448#post6926448 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by larac
Although I'm sure others have had problems- as with anything being shipped, if it is a healthy specimen it should be fine.

Mine was shipped overnight in a bag just damp inside. They are very small when you get them. Be prepared to have some kind of container to keep it in inside the aquarium in case it will not attach right away.

Keep a close eye on it in case it detaches from the rock and goes floating around the tank. I had to keep mine in something the first week.

did you order yours from an online retailer? perhaps that's what i will do. i like the 7 day and 14 day guarantees. a bit more expensive though.

LonelyAlgae
03/10/2006, 03:50 PM
they'll be fine. Dont be surprised if you think its dead for a few days too.

Your tank needs to be like 6mths old thou. I have a rbta and huge gbta both loving the water

larac
03/10/2006, 03:58 PM
did you order yours from an online retailer? [/QUOTE]

An online retailer, but an Ebay auction.

Anemone
03/10/2006, 06:27 PM
A healthy specimen, especially one that is already acclimated to tank life, will ship fine. Of course, a lot depends upon how well the shipper handles and packages the anemone.

When I've shipped, I've included about 1/2 bag full of water, triple bagged, and used 1 or 2 heat packs (depending upon the time of year). They've all survived the trip fine, although some have been in pretty cold water when they arrived (heat pack failure).

FWIW,
Kevin