PDA

View Full Version : Anemone update.

MyMonkey
03/10/2006, 09:11 PM
As many of you know I made purchase of a bleached Sebae Anemone 3 months ago. I was advised that the Bleached look is bad. I have been trying to nurse this guy back to health. He has done very well it seems. Some color is apparent. A slight green look seems to be coming in. At any rate, I am worried about the gaping mouth I see today. I have heard that a gaping mouth may be a sign of trouble. Nothing is actually sticking out of the mouth, it is just open a bit. It still responds to touch and still grabs food. I feed it small bits of Mysis or squished silverside approximately twice weekly. I spread some Cyclopeeze no it yesterday just as supplement. Although, the clowns like to steal everything. I am using the top of a 2 liter bottle as a guard against them. Anyway, here is a pic of the anemone. Look ok?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/MyMonkey/IMG_3866.jpg

MyMonkey
03/11/2006, 08:23 AM
Well, today it's closed up completely. The Clowns are waiting impatiently outside. Odd... Is that normal?

LotR Clown
03/11/2006, 10:22 AM
It can from time to time do that to regulate water I believe. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It looks like mine did before it got the zoxanthellae back. Keep up the good work.

Kevin

MyMonkey
03/11/2006, 01:42 PM
Ok. Thanks Lot

Gwalker
03/11/2006, 01:56 PM
I think he just yawned and pulled in to take a nap! :lol: :lol:

MyMonkey
03/11/2006, 02:02 PM
Hah.... Thanks Gary. He is again open. I was worried for a bit. It seems they do that periodically. I think he is doing well.

Acclimating the Scopas Now. Woohoo. :)

Knyght
03/12/2006, 08:46 AM
As long as it is eating you should be fine with it. Actually got to witness something that I had heard about but never seen. While feeding krill to the tank the other night, my g.s.maroon grabbed the krill and fed it to the anemone! Was pretty neat to see the symbiosis in action. ;)

MyMonkey
03/12/2006, 09:14 AM
Sweet! My clowns have yet to learn that trick. They steal from the anemone at every chance.