PDA

View Full Version : Getting a fish out of your reef...

DMBillies
03/11/2006, 09:07 AM
I've been searching around the web for ways to get a fish out of the reef without destroying everything or taking it down. I've read a few ideas, tried a couple, and I can't seem to get this guy out of the tank. I have a yellow-tail damsel that has just started beating up on my other tanks mates. He was always a little agressive per their reputation, but never did any harm. Now almost six months after introducing him he has started to take chunks out of tails and I want him gone. One of the biggest problems is that he is very wary of everything and very small, so he just runs into the rock work and moves around behind it. I could have gotten any of my other fish out of the tank by now using the other methods that I've tried. For instance, if anyone ever needs a peppermint shrimp out of their tank, try inverting the top of a soda bottle and putting bait in it. I caught one in less than 2 minutes, but the fish wouldn't go near it. Ideas?

Mobikob
03/11/2006, 08:23 PM
just let him get hungry enough, then do the 2 liter trick. if that doesn't do it you are welcome to borrow my "Trap". it work's great, but requires you to pull the string. I got mine from foster & smith.

by the way how are things looking?

Mobi:D

fishdoc11
03/11/2006, 08:57 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=707656

Angela Short
03/12/2006, 08:48 AM
I did the quick drain methode to catch a big yellow tang but all the small fish (damsels, coral beauty) just got beached in the rock till the water was reversed :(. Worked great for a big fish but not so well for small fish who go deep in a rock at the first disturbance in the tank.