PDA

View Full Version : is it cheaper to buy a euro deltec and change the pump out ?

anglecoral
03/11/2006, 11:53 AM
it seems the deltecs are a fraction of the price if you buy them overseas . I'm curious if you could save a bunch of money by buying them there and them buying the American version of the pumps and ebaying the ones that came with it.

Snarkys
03/12/2006, 12:32 AM
i was wondering this one day also

Reefrookie2006
03/12/2006, 01:19 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6931536#post6931536 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by anglecoral
it seems the deltecs are a fraction of the price if you buy them overseas . I'm curious if you could save a bunch of money by buying them there and them buying the American version of the pumps and ebaying the ones that came with it.

You can use the Euro pump on the power conversion.

Brad W
03/12/2006, 01:34 AM
I don't know about the initial up front cost and what that Euro US $ difference is, but you should also consider who is going to be your source for customer service and what, in US $'s, that is worth to you I would think and factor that cost in to the equation.

In general I think aquarium product arbitrage is an overrated activity, but that is JMO. Just depends on the actual real price differential and what your personal time is worth I guess.

Good luck and please keep us posted as to how your decision works out.