PDA

View Full Version : I am not giving up, but i hate algea.

BigReefing
03/11/2006, 05:48 PM
I am just frustrated. I am doing all the things that you guys say, I know it takes time, but very upseting. I am pretty pacient, but you know, it gets to you certian days.

BigReefing
03/11/2006, 05:49 PM
i ordered some new and better testing quits to try to figure out this a little bit better. One thing I don't have is turbos snails. I am getting some of them with my next pay check.

supertech3
03/11/2006, 05:50 PM
What type of algae are you ref to and locations?

BigReefing
03/11/2006, 06:01 PM
its not that bad, but its consistant. Green algea. its on the rocks, on the bottom of my bb tank. Its not that bad but its not good, but now the water can't drain properly to the sump. I have a cover over the trap, but still.

graveyardworm
03/11/2006, 06:07 PM
We'll need a good description of your set up and as many parameters as you can test for.

BigReefing
03/11/2006, 06:09 PM
yeah i know. I am not asking for help really. I always read the posts on here and I know what to do. I ordered some new test equipment and it is comeing monday as well as some new powerheads. Everything else I have. I have test equipment but I ordered some better ones.

1SickReefer
03/11/2006, 06:11 PM
the best thing i ever did for my initial algea outbreak was to buy 100 turbos from ebay, since then I have no algea anywhere!

the second best thing esp for green algea is a foxface, mine single handedly destoyed all signs of any type of algea that the turbos could not/did not want to get to.