PDA

View Full Version : Cole Parmer Peristaltic pump FS or FT

DrBDC
03/11/2006, 08:09 PM
Exactly what the title reads. $50 or trade for a mag 5.

breedingroom
03/11/2006, 08:19 PM
could you tell me how many gallons a day it will dose?.....and maybe a little more about it...I read something somewhere but interested in knowing a little more....If it is what I need, I can do $50

Shooter7
03/11/2006, 08:20 PM
I'm still not sure if it's what I was looking for or not. :(

:lol:

DrBDC
03/11/2006, 08:46 PM
In short it pumps through a tube with rollers pressing on the outside of the tube. They can be used for situations such as limewater, topoff, or any caustic chemicals that you wouldn't want going through a pump insides. You can set it slow for a dripping or faster. The rpms are 6-600 rpm's. The amount pumped would be dependant on the size tubing that is in it. On a smaller system you would want to set it to a real slow rpm and use a float switch to turn it off because on slow I was putting out about 2 gallons a day running 24/7. It can also turn both directions by a toggle switch so I guess you could use it for water changes etc. It's built very heavy duty and even has round screw access holes where you could even change brushes on the motor. It must weight 20 lbs.

DrBDC
03/12/2006, 01:37 PM
Here's a pic I just snapped but I haven't cleaned it up or anything yet so it's pretty dirty from sitting on the floor running for the last year. I bought it from levi before he moved to Indy. The casing could use a brushing and maybe slap some paint on it but why bother. It will probably run 10 years doing nothing to it.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/66527000_0178small-med.jpg[/url]