PDA

View Full Version : Making Fish Food for the club-I need your old fishfood trays

PelagicMagic
03/12/2006, 05:23 PM
If you have any fish food trays please save them for me. I will be fishing more now the weather is nice and I will be making homemade fish food. I end up making more than I need so I will be giving it away at the club meetings. The more trays I get the more I can give out.

I usually use mullet, shrimp, what ever I catch to eat such as reds, kings, trout, flounder, mackerel, bluefish, sheep head etc. I add some fresh greens and nori and bam! you got free fish food. I don't add any vitamins nor minerals because I believe that should be already in the fresh ingredients

If you got trays now please bring em to the next meeting.

Steve

PelagicMagic
03/12/2006, 06:20 PM
going w/ mikeatjac's idea using ziplock bags and making thin layers of food rather than chunks. I will try to make a batch for this weekends meeting. Would anyone want some? atleat I have an idea how much to bring

Ikaria
03/12/2006, 06:29 PM
I'll take one!

mikeatjac
03/12/2006, 06:30 PM
I'll take a bag. Thanks Steve.

patharm
03/12/2006, 09:51 PM
Hi Steve, I'll take a bag as well.

Patrick

GoldStripe
03/13/2006, 07:40 AM
Count me in too Steve, and I'll help catch the food too if you want!! :)

reelfreak
03/13/2006, 06:24 PM
Although not able to go to the meeting, I will help provide the fresh ingredients for the food!! I want to make some homeade food too, let's combine resources. Oh yeah, and I see you are ready to help too Dan.....Soon...Real soon. :)

GoldStripe
03/13/2006, 07:28 PM
any day works for me Sam...I'm unemployed and enjoying while I can. LOL

PelagicMagic
03/13/2006, 09:05 PM
My list of ingredients

One small garlic clove
1 cup of celery to use as a base
I pack of sushi grade Nori
½ lb of redfish filet
3-4 shrimp (cleaned)

Does it sound good? My fish seem to like it and the cleaner shrimp go crazy. I made 4 samples for those that requested.