PDA

View Full Version : need fan info (diy or other)

mntl
03/12/2006, 07:15 PM
It has not happened yet but summer is coming and I am worried my new system will be a little warmer than my last one. The tank is open/visible from the top and I am using the glass shield for my luminarc to help with heat, but I have no fans under my light or in my sump. I do not think putting a fan in my sump will help as much as blowing over the top of the tank where the heat source is coming from (correct me if I am wrong on that). The tank is 20"long/20"wide. I am looking for recommendations on a fan or fans to blow across the top of the tank during the day when the light is on. I am looking for somehting similiar to the ice-cap fans but they seem expensive for what they are (could be wrong again). I am pretty good diy with some basic instructions on what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated or if anyone has some other idea to keep the tank a couple of degrees cooler in the day I am opem to suggestions.

-John-

Sk8r
03/12/2006, 08:20 PM
My storebought light kit has a fan in the end of it, and it looks to be the sort you use to cool a CPU. It's very efficient: the light is never hot to the touch.