PDA

View Full Version : New Fish...

MyMonkey
03/12/2006, 07:45 PM
Well, I did it. Gary at ART found me the perfect little algae eater. A Scopas Tang. :D Originally, I thought the Scopas Tangs were very plain. However, this guy is very nice looking. He is just s Juvenile, right around 2 inches. Added him yesterday. He has allready been picking at algae. Also of note. Today I caught my Lawnmower Blenny eating Hair Algae. :rollface: I was absolutely thrilled. I think the Scopas may have showed the LMB what to do... Hmmm... Here is a pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/MyMonkey/IMG_3894.jpg

pwhitby
03/12/2006, 07:56 PM
excellent!

Nice pic as well.

captbunzo
03/12/2006, 11:06 PM
Way cool! I just got a Scopas on Friday as a gift from my sister for helping her setup her 90G tank recently. Beautiful little fish! ;)

MyMonkey
03/13/2006, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the compliments folks. He seems to be doing well. I hope all goes well. I also hope he eats up all the Hair Algae. :)

captbunzo
03/13/2006, 09:45 AM
Bad news on mine - it is showing signs of Ick. Guess it's time to break out the quarantine tank.

MyMonkey
03/13/2006, 12:10 PM
Ewww. Sorry to hear that. I am hopeful mine will not show signs of Ick.

captbunzo
03/13/2006, 12:18 PM
I should have known better then to stick him in the tank. The source store (Ma & Pa's in Ardmore) has a lot of trouble with Ick. Keeping their tanks without heaters CAN'T help, either.

Now I am concerned that I have infected the whole system with Ick. And then only way I know to deal with that is to QT all the fish in it for 4-6 weeks under hyposalinity and let the parasites die.

MyMonkey
03/13/2006, 12:53 PM
Ewww..... Dadgum... My Coral Beauty showed signs of ick when I first got it. I had no QT tank set up. I just waited 8 weeks and no signs of ICK. Not sure what happened.