PDA

View Full Version : More room, more fish, Which ones??

Mikesway
03/13/2006, 12:35 PM
I just had a freind give me a 55 gal tank. (thats right, GIVE) So i moved everything over from my 30 gal. i upgraded the lights, filter, skimmer and powerhead. so far i have a curly que anemone, 2 small tomato clowns, and a Damsel. (damsel is going to be donated to the LFS soon) just looking for some recomendations on what i can put in there or what i should put in there. any suggestions would be appreciated.. I thought about getting a bubble tip, or maybe just a fish or 2 more... If i get more fish i would like for it to have some size and color to it. thanks

PoukieBear
03/13/2006, 12:40 PM
Are you going to keep any corals? If not, then you can get pretty much any colour you want in a Pygmy angel.

What size of fish were you thinking? There aren't a lot of large fish that will do well in a 55...

Mikesway
03/13/2006, 12:44 PM
I dont think i am going to keep any corals. as far as the fish size goes.. I dont want to have a great white in there just something a little larger than my 2 little clowns....
Also, u think i have enough room for that bubble tip anemone in there with maybe one more fish... remember that damsel is going to be gone soon,
Thanks

PoukieBear
03/13/2006, 12:55 PM
Yes, you can keep a BTA. Just do some research on them before you go out and get one. They can be hard to keep.

a Pygmy angel will be approx 4 inches.

as for some other fish, how about some blue reef chromis? Or a royal gramma, or a dottyback, or a blennie?

Check out Liveaquaria for more options.

Mariner
03/13/2006, 12:57 PM
IMO, you should be able to keep at least a couple more small to medium sized fish if you want them.
A dwarf or pygmy angel makes a good fish in that size tank (Coral beauty, flame, flameback, or cherub usually do well).
A royal gramma would be a good addition too.
FWIW,
Mariner

Swanwillow
03/13/2006, 01:16 PM
3 leaf-fish, if you can get ahold of ghost shrimp on a regular basis

or, some wrasses!!!

Mikesway
03/13/2006, 01:30 PM
ooooh yeah, Mikey likey wrasses!

Swanwillow
03/13/2006, 04:44 PM
well then, covered tank, and your good to go. I had a trio of flasher wrasses, but the clowns chased them out of the tank. fairy wrasses are also a little spooky, so I've been told, but not AS bad as flashers. Next are the other reef-safe wrasses, then the not reef-safe: if I were you, I'd stick in the reef-safe category: full of color!!!