PDA

View Full Version : Aqualifter pump to pump fresh air to aquarium??

raynist
03/15/2006, 10:38 AM
I am having a problem with low PH and think I have traced it back to having too much CO2 in my room. I can't keep the windows open since it is still cold outside so I was thinking I could use this pump to bring fresh air from the outside and run to an airstone in the sump. I plan on having a piece of airline tube run outside and then to the pump and then a piece to the tank/airstone. Can this pump be used to pump air as well as liquid?

Does anyone know of another pump that can pull air from a remote location (outside) without the pump actually being outside?

Thanks
Ray Nist

rottface4
03/15/2006, 10:47 AM
It is possible for the pump to work. I don't know if it would have enough power to pull over larger distance, but it wouldn't hurt to try. I believe if you look for luft pumps, they should do the same thing and you can get more powerful pumps. Only problem I see, and have read about that you have to be careful how you run you tubing, because pulling in cold air into a warm house can cause condensation in the tube which might have an effect on the operation of the pump system. Probably not a concern with this type of pump. More of a concern when running a venturi line to the outside.