PDA

View Full Version : coralife calcium reactor leaks?

brighteyes
03/15/2006, 04:37 PM
I just purchased a coralife calcium reactor. My freind told me that he had seen a post that said they were prone to leaking although I could not find this thread. I was just curious what experience anyone has had with this product. (it is the 500 gallon reactor, although I am assuming that it probably can produce calcium for around a 125 that is full of hard corals with high calcium demands) I was wondering if the reactor does leak is it able to sit in sump ( submerged). I asked the person who I bought it from and he gave me a pseudo-confident answer, you know the one where you know the person does not know the answer for sure but is confident in his response so you end up just leaving it at that and just walk away- good times- why cant certain people admit that they do not know- and no, this was not purchased at an LFS and it was not a LFS employee who gave the response :) thanks for any responses

chadfarmer
03/15/2006, 08:05 PM
can sit in the sump but suggest out of the sump so you can see what is going on

can run a 125 reef if you want

(with this calcium reactor make shur you buy a 10-20 lb co2 container they dont recycle co2 very well)

also take in mind that they will change things on this reactor you are the trial and error for the company