PDA

View Full Version : where to buy diamond Dremel bits?

hiflykitty
03/18/2006, 10:18 AM
I am on a hunt for a diamond dremel bit to cut glass. I've checked Lowes and HomeDepot, but the only diamond bits they have are the round ones. I need one that is cylinder shaped with a flat end for cutting holes in glass. Has anyone seen this bit at their local hardware store? They're all over ebay, but I want it in my hand now. Thanks for the help!

indoreefer
03/18/2006, 10:38 AM
The round one is for putting a hole in glass, then the thin shaped one is for cutting the whole starting at the hole you made. The cheapest place to get them is walmart. They are 5.97 for one of each, whereas lowes as them at 9.97 each.

Russ Braaten
03/19/2006, 12:27 AM
The cheapest place to get them is Harbor Freight Tools. You can get a bunch of them for under $5. On sale you can get the high speed tool and bits, including a number of diamond bits for $8

pwhitby
03/19/2006, 12:43 PM
i found mine if you need help. Ill be at the house later today (sunday) if you want to come by.

captbunzo
03/19/2006, 01:30 PM
This seller on ebay has both diamond dremel bits and diamond hole saws available for an EXCELLENT price. I have both from them. Amazingly, for the money, they are actually pretty good quality...

Follow this link (http://*******.com/s8587).

Strange, but true...