PDA

View Full Version : PH Probe problem?

Freshc
03/18/2006, 05:15 PM
I have a PH probe and its in a GEO reactor. I just installed it and the PH is reading 33.4! Is this right? As a piece of constructive criticism, your instructions are terrible IMHO. Please help.

CodeBlue
03/18/2006, 05:32 PM
That can't be right. I have never heard of a pH probe going in a Ca reactor. But then again I have not heard everything yet.

The probe should prob. be monitoring the tanks pH. You could then occasionally check the pH of the reactors effluent. Also the addition of CO2 to the reactor causes the pH to drop to 7.0 or less so that the media breaks down into the base componets. Ca, Mg, HCO3, etc.

I have not used or seen a GEO reactor up close so someone else is going to have to help you.

szwab
03/19/2006, 01:27 AM
the reading on the probe is not right sounds like it needs calibrated. or possibly some sort of interference.
are you having probs with the calibration instructions?
is the probe new?
not to ask the obvious but it is plugged into the ph "port" not into the orp right?
Codeblue having a probe in a reactor is very commonly used (in many brands) to monitor the ph and control how much C02 is injected .

CodeBlue
03/19/2006, 05:21 PM
That makes sense. I did not see any in-the-reactor probes back when I was looking at them. Mine is a MRC setup.